Nutshell

⚠️Pure fluff, a little bit of angst⚠️
...................................................

~previously~

"C-Can  i come in?" Legolas stuttered, suddenly feeling very nervous and annoyed at himself, how dare he disturb the man? He had just fought in a battle.

"Sure" The man muttered, leaning his head against the door frame as Legolas walked in. As soon as he was welcomed in, Legolas staggered his way over to Aragorn's respective bed and lay down, curling his legs up to his chest as he had done so before. Legolas's tears ceased but his mind was still blank, the elf suspected that it had to do with the need of sleep coming back to him.

Aragorn furrowed his eyebrows and hastily made his way over to the bed too. The man lay down next to the elf and looked at him for some sort of explanation but Legolas was already fast asleep. Sighing,  Aragorn pulled Legolas into his arms and softly hummed to him, soothing the Prince from all bad dreams as he slept.

~
3rd person PoV:

The rays of the morning sun shone through the open window in the early morning. It was this that had woken Legolas and Aragorn up from their deep sleep.

Legolas was the first to wake up, humming a happy tune as he waited for the man to wake up, resting his head against the headboard. The elf had woken up in a much happier mood than what he was feeling the night before and he obviously felt no reason to change that, he thought as he watched Aragorn slightly shift in his sleep and went back to humming.

After a minute or two, the man that was once in a deep slumber, finally woke up. He looked around tiredly until his eyes finally landed on Legolas who had now stopped humming to look at the man "Man erin (Good morning)" Aragorn murmured, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

Legolas softly giggled "Took you long enough to wake up"

Aragorn glared at him playfully and stretched before sitting up to be beside Legolas "Did you get a good sleep?" He had asked trying to not sound too concerned.

Legolas rolled his eyes "Yes, Estel you need not worry so much over me" He said and shifted his eyes away.

Aragorn changed the subject and looked to the side of Legolas's face, who was still not looking at him "What was that nice tune you were humming?" He muttered and moved his hand to tuck a strand of hair behind his ear, tracing the leaf-like shape of the elf's ear before putting his hand down back to his side. He watched as Legolas softly shivered and looked away to hide the rosy blush that had started to blossom on his cheeks and ears.

"I did not think you heard" Legolas muttered, embarrassed and started to fiddle with his hair out of nervousness.

Aragorn placed his hand on Legolas's to stop the fidgeting and turned the elf's face around to face him. The look on the Prince's face made him slightly bite down on his bottom lip as if he were holding back. Legolas's cheeks were tinted a dark shade of pink, eyes wide slightly and teeth obviously biting the inside of his lip. Aragorn cupped Legolas's cheek and kissed his softly, nothing intense, it was just sweet and loving and something that the man and elf would remember for years to come.

"You're sweet" Aragorn murmured for no reason in particular and he watched as Legolas's cheeks turned a darker shade of pink. Suddenly Legolas pulled back and looked above the man's eyes with slight fear in his own. Thinking that the man had done something wrong, Aragorn looked at him with worry "What is it?" He said "What is wrong?"

But Legolas remained silent and his eyes travelled around the top of his head for a bit "Uh...Aragorn? I-I don't want to scare you or anything" Legolas stuttered, and Aragorn stared at him worried but intrigued "But...uh there is a spider in your hair"