Mother

Thank you for 3k reads!
...................................................

~previously~

I-I...I should never have existed" He muttered just clearly enough for him to hear. Aragorn's whole body tensed and his heart broke into a million pieces and he watched him begin to walk towards the shore.

He could still remember exactly how he felt in that moment as those words slipped out of the broken princes mouth. He could physically remember his heart shattering into a million pieces, the shards graining at his insides and a stone like lump building up in his throat, feeling like he was being choked.

Why on earth would Legolas want to die? Aragorn wondered, he just saw no reason for it, there had been no signs that the would ever feel that way and no reason to die but ever since that moment on the lake, he felt as if he hardly knew he friend. There was more to him than what meets the eye.

Yes that was true, he admitted, but I mean for that to change very soon.

And Legolas thought the same, he did not want anymore lies between them, no arguments, nothing. If they were going to be friends then they better act like it. In reality, Aragorn has done so many things for him and he needs to repay him somehow. He felt selfish.

Legolas clenched his fists, he had made up his mind

~

3rd person PoV:

"G-Gandalf?" Legolas stuttered, feeling as if his eyes betrayed him for the wizard in white that stood proudly in front of him.

Gandalf looked at him with happiness, one which Aragorn was surprised to see due to the fact that not just before Gandalf had fallen he had, in a way, wished death upon Legolas.

"Legolas Thranduilion, good to see you again...all of you" The now white wizard boomed with his echoing voice. Legolas slightly flinched, Aragorn though though it was because of Gandalf's voice so he chuckled.

"How are you here?!" Legolas exclaimed sounding more or less angry. Aragorn was taken aback slightly in shock.

"Legolas, he just explained to us how...are you not happy that he is back?" Aragorn retorted, confused. Gandalf looked between the two of them and sighed.

Legolas huffed and slightly looked away from Aragorn and the glowing figure "Yes I am, I am sorry if I confused you with my choice of words" He apologised.

"I see nothing has changed" Gandalf sighed.

"What do you mean?" Aragorn piped up.

"It does not matter, in the meantime we shall head to Rohan" The wizard ordered and marched off ahead. The three hunters looked between each other and followed after him with their horses on leash.

~

They arrived later that day, all on horseback and staring up at the small city of Rohan "Here we are" Gandalf started, his voice carrying itself into the wind. The four of them sighed for they had been naught but riding all day.

Gandalf walked ahead on his horse, leading the rest of them to do the same. When they made it to the top of the hill, outside the hall of the king, they all felt exhausted.

Legolas was the first to dismount his horse, followed by Gimli, Aragorn and then Gandalf who, at the time, seemed to be eyeing Legolas with suspicion. This was something that only Aragorn caught onto. Not that Gandalf would have anything to be suspicious about, Aragorn thought, although he only worried himself further about Legolas as he though that.

Legolas noticed a sandy haired girl standing near the door looking at them. Her hair was long and curly, reaching down to her waist and she wore a long white dress that brought out her fair face.

She reminded him of his mother, so fair and loving, you could easily tell by the look on her face that she was a kind-hearted person. He somehow felt welcome by seeing this woman in front of him.

Legolas snapped out of his thoughts and turned to face Aragorn, Gandalf and Gimli, all of which were giving him a weird look.

When they entered the hall, as they all predicted, a fight broke out. Elf hitting man, Dwarf hitting man and man hitting man. The fight stopped when Théoden returned to normal, the woman being the one to catch him from falling off of his throne.

"I know your face...Éowyn?" The king croaked out, his voice barely audible to anyone other than the girl he was addressing.

Éowyn?

~

Legolas stood, watching as Aragorn stared at the stars. He was going to fitful what he promised himself he would do. The poor elf was shaking in nervousness but before he could even say anything, he heardAragorn's voice.

"I know your there (why do you linger in the shadowssssss) sit next to me if you will" Aragorn said without turning around. Legolas huffed out his nerves and clenched his fists, silently walking over to the human.

He sat down hesitantly on the grass next to him.

Aragorn broke the silence between them again "I noticed the way you looked at Éowyn"

Legolas turned around to face him, astonished but then muttered quietly "S-She reminds me of my mother, she died when I was very young...that's all"

The human looked at him "Oh...I'm sorry"

"There is no need to be sorry"

Legolas gripped the grass below him and sighed, pushing his nerves down. He came to see Aragorn for one thing: to tell him the truth, the least he could do was try "M-My father has always cared for me no matter what I did or however I defied him, he would always have his hands ready to catch me if I fell off my staircase that lead to his throne. But I am still on the lowest step and his hands are gone, not caring if I fell, not caring if I died and rotted in a pile of my own self-loathing..."

"Legolas what are you trying to say?" Aragorn interrupted, his body now turned fully to face Legolas.

"The truth, that's the least you deserve" He replied, his eyes fixed on the stars.

"C-Continue..." The Human stuttered, not knowing what else to say in this situation. He was just glad that Legolas was finally telling him the truth, the real truth and so again, he was happy...

"Well..."