Comfort zone

...................................................

~previously~

Silence filled the room, seeming to last forever until Aragorn spoke, expression horrified "He...what?" He murmured.

Legolas looked at him sadly and wiped away the tears that had spilled from his eyes with the hem of his nightshirt "He thought I killed Fabian..." Legolas sobbed out "...He tried to strangle me"

Aragorn's jaw opened slightly in shock and he took a step forwards "Legolas..." He started "...What else haven't you told me?..." He asked and stepped closer, a tear falling from his right eye "...What else happened after you escaped that place?"

~
3rd person PoV:

Aragorn's jaw opened slightly in shock and he took a step forwards "Legolas..." He started "...What else haven't you told me?..." He asked and stepped closer, a tear falling from his right eye "...What else happened after you escaped that place?"

Legolas stared at him with wide eyes that glistened with tears. He did not say anything for a short while but when he did, it was clear that he was trying to hold back tears, guessing from the emotional hurt present in his voice "It's not that big of a deal" He simply said.

Aragorn looked at him for a short second before he took another step forwards, another tear falling from his eye. His lips trembled as he spoke "Do you not think I care about what you've been through?..." He said, his voice rising "...Am I still not trustable?!" He yelled.

Legolas gasped slightly when he remembered what he had told that man just after the council of Elrond: "I don't trust you yet". He took a step back when the man advanced slowly towards him "It's not that...I don't want you to look down on me like everyone else had b-back then"

Aragorn stopped when he heard these words and stared into Legolas's eyes, not too far from him "Why would I look down on you?...You know that I would never look down on you" He muttered and turned his head to the side to wipe his tears away with the hem of his sleeve.

Legolas looked down to the floor and but his lip in an attempt to stop the tears from falling though they did. He brought his hands up to his eyes as the tears started to fall and he desperately tried to wipe them away. They just kept coming. Aragorn stayed where he was "I k-know you don't look down on me" He sobbed out.

"Then why? Why won't you tell me?" Aragorn said.

"I will I am just not in the right state of mind..." Legolas whispered and he picked up his clothes again, hiding his tears behind his hair that fell in front of his face. He walked into the bathroom "...Just leave me be" He said and closed the door behind him rather loudly.

Aragorn stared at the now closed door with wide eyes and shaking hands. If I had have just comforted him, he thought and walked out of the room to the food hall.

Legolas sat down on the bathroom floor, he knew that he ought to get ready for the day but he just had no motivation to do anything whatsoever after what had just happened. He stared silently at the wall opposite him absentmindedly, his legs tucked into his chest and tears stained on his cheeks, showing that they had finally stopped falling.

"Why couldn't I have just told him?" He asked himself, whispering in an almost menacing tone. A tear fell from his eye and he curled his right hand into a fist. He stood up and faced the wall "Why do I have to be so weak!" He yelled and drew his fist back.