Hollow

⚠️Angst, Aragorn's weird timing⚠️
...................................................

~previously~

"...Haldir, Eowyn and Eomer will enter though a small backdoor which I had escaped from, which is convenient since the room which I was held is only meters away from that door and you will also be away from the fight..." Legolas continued on "...Since we don't know how this is going to turn out, Eomer will stay outside and guard while Haldir and Eowyn free them and if all goes well, we have medical supplies on us so that we can treat their injuries and get them out safely...everyone understand?" He asked and looked up at them.

They all hummed a 'yes' and they lay down, wrapping themselves in their blankets and they fell asleep, not knowing what would happen the next day...

~
3rd person PoV:

Everyone was shaken awake the next day by Haldir, who had insisted on staying up the whole night to watch over them. Their rest had only consisted of three hours, half of them being more tired than others as they were to nervous to even begin to fall asleep.

The energy-drained group groaned and got up individually, sitting around the put out fire as Legolas went to light it up again. They exchanged small talk, rubbing their hands together and closing in on themselves to create some warmth to their cold body's.

Once the fire had been alighted once again, they all began to slowly wake up, feeling comforted by the warmth of it though a few pairs of eyes had begun to droop. It was silent as they ate their small breakfast, the food that they dare even call breakfast was so small that a hobbit would probably faint at the sight of it.

Once they had finished their short meal, the group set out again. Putting out the fire and stuffing their cold hands into their pockets, they set out again into what was still the cold night.

Legolas, again stayed at the front of the group with Aragorn by his side. Nobody spoke as they walked, it was not that they did not have anything to talk about, it was just that they were so tired that they could hardly even think straight.

After a while, once the sun had finally began to rise, Legolas declared that they were nearly there.

"Do you remember where this place is around here, Legolas?" Aragorn asked him.

Legolas looked around himself nervously "I think so" He said.

Aragorn raised his eyebrows "You think so?" He asked almost angrily.

Legolas furrowed his eyebrows "I was blindfolded on my way in there and when I escaped I did not really think of wanting to look back when I escaped, especially while heavily bleeding from a wound on my leg and generally just wanting to get out of that place" He scoffed, obviously nervous.

He began to fiddle with his hands subconsciously and he bit his bottom lip. Aragorn grabbed one of his hands, stopping him from fiddling with them "Legolas stop, I am sorry about snapping at you, I shouldn't have gotten angry about that" He apologised.

Legolas huffed and took his hand back "It's okay, I know that you are just tired and frustrated..." He said "...I am just worried about all of this. What if he knows that it is not only is who are coming? What if he had listened in and knows our plan? What if they ambush Eowyn, Haldir and Eomer and our distraction plan fails? Wh-"