Ordinary man

⚠️Hallucination⚠️
...................................................

~previously~

Once the door was closed, Aragorn's shoulders slumped and a yawn escaped him. Turning on his heal, he walked to an unoccupied room that he could use to rest in.

Once he had found an empty room, he walked inside and kicked off his shoes and threw off his cloak before practically flinging himself onto the bed. He was glad that he would finally be able to have a good sleep.

~
3rd person PoV:

Legolas's eyes glistened from the moonlight peeking through the partially open curtains as he looked around the dark healing room of which he had been forced to sleep in for the night. It was about three hours until sunrise and the nurse that had treated them had beckoned them goodnight not long ago and had blown out the candle, leaving them in the darkness.

Legolas was not feeling particularly tired, so he sat with his head resting against the headboard as he listened to the soft sounds of the wind whistling through the trees.

It was a surprise to him that he was not tired especially after everything that had happened in the past couple of days. They had won a war, travelled for days to save seven people kept hostage by two lunatics, killed the people responsible, stabbed by another follower of Mattsuke who Legolas did not even know existed and being haunted by a crazy man who thought whistling was a good way to scare people. So why could Legolas just not close his eyes?

The prince scanned the room again, faintly seeing the outlines of his friends. Fuyu's face was buried into her pillow, muffling her snores significantly as she slept. Cassius has tucked himself neatly into his bed, his face contorted in slight pain as if he were having a nightmare. Corvus was in the bed next to his twin, hugging his pillow close to his chest as if it were a person and breathing heavily. Fabian was in the bed next to Legolas with his mouth slightly open, breathing softly and his hand hanging over the edge of the bed as if reaching towards Legolas.

Legolas brought a hand up to his mouth and clenched his cold hand around it as tears sting at the corners of his eyes, blurring his vision. His open mouth, his hand reaching out...it reminded him of that nightmare that he had had a while ago.

Before him, Fabian lay, spread out with his mouth wide open as if screaming, blood slowly leaking from it and slithering between the tiles on the floor, connecting at different ends and hugging the skin around Fabian's mouth. The elf's two-coloured eyes were empty, nothing lay before them only the memories of his torture. Long and slender arms were reached out so far it looked as though it had been paining him...it looked as though he had been reaching for someone but they had let go...as though he had let go. (Chapter 43-use your illusion)

Legolas choked on a sob and closed his eyes, the action causing the tears that had built up in his eyes to fall. It may have been a dream but it had felt so real to him, unbearably vivid that it felt as though it was a memory, a nightmarish memory that had been mixed in with his true ones, condemning him to believe that it actually had happened or would happen.

Legolas looked back over to Fabian, staring at his open mouth, his reaching out hand. But they had saved them, Legolas thought, This was over "It's over" The prince whispered quietly to himself.

"Or is it just the beginning?" A voice whispered in his ear. Legolas snapped his head around to face the person and his eyes widened.