Safest, where you are...

Kongpob didn't know, what to do, as he kept staring blankly at the dark ceiling. Continuing to sit where he was. His mark throbbing like crazy. It was painful to a screaming point.

And Kong kept dabbing over it, to soothe it. Or soothe it's owner. Hoping he could reach out. Somehow. To calm the obvious rage, that blank face must be feeling.

Kong didn't blame Arthit. He'd never blame him. That man, stood against everyone... For Kong. And was betrayed.

Kong groaned, with a particular strong shock. Hugging his knees. Resting his forehead on his folded knees. Not letting go of the bouquet.

"Calm down, P'Arthit." Kongpob whispered, trying to blink away his tears. And dabbing his thumb over the mark. "Please calm down. I am sorry."

Kong winced, this time gripping the mark tight. It was burning like being carved with white hot rod.

Arthit wasn't calming down. And Kong wanted to scream in pain. He was sure he must have bled his lips, with all the biting.

Kongpob pulled out his phone, with trembling fingers. Gasping and choking with the hurt and pain. He decided to talk and try calming the rising rage. His mate. Must be feeling. As he dialled the number.

Kongpob jolted hearing a muffled, disembodied ringtone, right outside the closed front door. And he can recognise the caller tune anywhere.

Kong's jaws dropped, as he stared at the door. Which was shut, from the last forty minutes.

Kong came to his feet, his face slick with silent tears. As he limped towards the door, choking on his cries. Hearing the call being received.

And soon being replied with the ragged breathes.

Kongpob put away the bouquet over the small drawer next to the door. And placed his hand over the closed door. Resting his forehead over it. Gulping down painful lumps

Feeling his mark burn, more painfully.

"P'Arthit..." Kong whispered, closing his eyes.

Arthit didn't reply. And Kong continued to feel the burn. A bit tolerable.

"Calm down." Kong pleaded. "Please..."

Arthit kept quiet. And Kong could imagine him. Standing, just on the other side of the door. Can imagine his hazel stare, through the wooden door, which was separating them.

"I am sorry, P'Arthit..."

Kong drew in a shaky breathe, gulping and sniffing. Rubbing his wet cheeks and runny nose, with the end of his sleeve. Struggling to breathe through his blocked nose. Which made his voice hoarse.

"I know, I betrayed. I know I hurt you. But please, you have to listen to me, this time."

Kong gasped in a silent cry. Feeling a blinding throb. Snap through him.

"Calm down. Please..."

"Go to sleep. It's late."

Kong heard the disembodied hiss. And his blood ran cold. His neck numb. By then.

"You should leave too. Get some sleep."

"I'll be here... You are alone. And new here."

Kong smiled, through his tears and extreme pain. Nudging his forehead over the door.

"Was that your plan?"

"You don't have to care..." Kong heard the disembodied blank reply.

"Neither do you..." Kong brittled. "Stop being so kind."