Duties.

Kongpob stared as Arthit stood next to the bathtub. His back towards Kong. His body a partial silhouette, with the grey and white reflection of the gloomy day... That spread in from the glass wall. Arthit was staring out and Kong can hear the sound of gargling water. The bathtub must be filling.

He was done using the restroom and brushing his teeth. Now wearing a fluffy bathrobe, he found hanging on a clothe stand outside the bathroom. Now he stood in the middle of the dimly lit space. Not knowing what to do next.

Kong gulped a lump, staring at the bareback of Arthit. The dark shades that hued the sturdy bumps over Arthit's back, glowing golden with the soft lights of the bathroom. The broad of the shoulders, that slanted down to the perfect curve of the waist. Disappearing down waistband of the pyajama that Arthit wore low on his hips.

Kong's eyes ran up, back to the middle of Arthit's shoulder blades. A small gasp leaving his lips, looking at the mark... That breathed against the pale of Arthit's back. Like two freshly picked flowers, sticking right against Arthit's back.

Mark appear on the places, that intrigues your mates the most...

Kongpob blushed, gnawing his lips, as he shifted on his toes. Hugging himself.

He did find, Arthit's back intriguing... He can always hide himself behind it. Rely on it and nuzzle, when he needs to apologise.

He has seen it before. Seen Arthit's bare torso before. But now that it had his own mark... The butterflies were more restless than before. His heart pounding like a machine... The blush on his cheeks seemed to be inflamed. His skin tickling with the wave of goosebumps. His belly knotting with tensing nerves. Making him more lightheaded. Making him more jittery.

It's the same old Arthit. Same old Feelings. Same old flutters. Just everything more rejuvenated. More warm. More a sanctuary... Now that Kongpob knows that they are meant to be... Mates... They are mates... Against all odds.

"My mark on you is more worth gawking at, Sweetheart..."

The deep voice that broke the serene atmosphere of the space, ran a shiver down Kong's spine. Like a rush of water over his skin. Wetting him all over. Freezing him, where he was.

His heart skipping on beats, as Arthit looked over. The shaded side of Arthit's face curved in a smirk. Making the butterflies in Kong's belly, bang against each other.

He curled his toes and gnawed his lips, softly dropping his gaze. Hugging himself tighter. Feeling his marks breathe and tingle his skin. Like it was the new controller of Kong's body, his mind. Which it indeed was.

The thought making Kong blush, more than he already was.

He flinched with a whimper, when Arthit pinched his chin. The touch burning the place it came in contact with. He closed his eyes, when Arthit tilted his head back. Draping his other arm around Kong's back.

Kong's arms moved like a practiced habit, wrapping themselves around Arthit's shoulders. Raising on his toes. Letting the warmth radiating from his fiance soothe his scorching skin.

"Did you look at your mark?" Arthit broke the silence that enveloped them.

Kong nodded his head, gulping down lumps. He did few moments back. He didn't want to... Until Arthit was besides him. Not when Arthit laid unconscious over a hospital bed. But then... He never got the chance.

"Why didn't you?"

Kong drew in a breath, slowly opening his eyes... To meet Arthit's gaze. His face so close, towering over Kong's. The hazel eyes piercing through Kong's soul, flushing Kong's face. The promising ends, crumbling Kong's already weakened will... If there was any left.