Unclaimed Promises.

When Kongpob woke up. His whole body was protesting. He was lying on the same position on his stomach. Gripping the phone against his ear.

He squinted his eyes, trying to blink away the bright morning lights, sipping from the window. And pulled the phone in front of him. He remembered getting Arthit's call. And squirmed, remembering how he cried like a kid.

Kongpob unlocked his phone next and saw his phone almost out of juice. He blinked, his screen was displaying the duration of his last call. Kong's eyes widened first, with his heart beat skipping. Then he closed his eyes, blushing.

Arthit was on call with him for more than two hours. While he clearly remembered. Being alive for only few minutes.

While Arthit never disconnected. And he was sleeping... It was almost like something a boyfriend would do... Or not.

Kong doesn't remember Aim doing something like this for May. Or Oak for his girlfriend Chen. Or Tew for... Well Tew never introduced his lover. Neither did Wad.

But Kong doesn't remember any of them doing something so out of the box. Like Arthit was making sure Kongpob was safe... And Kongpob just met him, few weeks ago.

Kong turned the phone's screen down, hiding his face over the mattress. Feeling his heart palpating out of the rib. And butterflies over his already knotting insides.

Kong was only getting constant glimpses of the man who promised to protect his dreams, without asking for anything in return. And Kong didn't know how to name the giddiness that was spreading in him. And making his toes curl. Even in the physical agony that he was in...

"You are like an incomplete manufacture... He'll dump you..."

Kong choked on his sob. Feeling a different pain, which had nothing to do with the assault his father did on him. And his lips trembled.

Arthit was kind, to have promised to take care of a total stranger like Kongpob. And Kong wanted to have stored enough warmth from Arthit. So, even if he was dumped, like he knew he would be... He can atleast survive.

Because, Kongpob knew. That the abandonment that would come from Arthit, was going to break him in a way, that nothing ever was able to...

Kong muffled a scream against the bedsheet, clawing on it and crying. Feeling angry at himself, for being so pathetic.

When he limped his way downstairs. In a  baggy jeans and loose white full sleeve. It was thin and breathable. Not hurting his bruises. With slip ons. His father was still present. To his horror. Ready for his office.

His mother sitting on Kerkklai's left. Just like the trophy wife she was. Without sparing a single glance at Kong. While his sisters on their father's right. They never cared much about Kong, either.

Jenna kept being busy with Kerkklai in office. While Mary had her own boutique. They were busy in their own life.

Kong went and sat, opposite to his father. While, Kerkklai looked at him over his lashes, blankly. And the women kept busy with the cereals served in front of them.

Natalie came and served Kong his bowl of breakfast. And if Kong saw the powdered medicine over his bowl of cereals. He didn't make any comment. Natalie always tended to him.

Even in the morning. When he walked inside his bathroom. His small bathtub was already filled with hot water and essential oils. His personal herbal remedy. And it helped. If not the whole bone crushing pain. But atleast he was able to limp his way. After the bath.

And the make up. He started getting for himself from his Tenth birthday. To hide the endless show of bruises on his face and body. Hid those marks for him. After his bath.