A Slice of Arthit Rojnapat.

Namtarn was having a girl's day with her mother. In the mall. They were scrounging through the stores. Buying things. Her marriage was in a month.

And though full of mixed feelings. She couldn't deny the fact. That she was marrying the heir of Rojnapat empire. And she needed to look the part.

But then. Her eyes fell on two persons. Walking hand in hand. Looking around different stores. Not caring about anything or anyone around them. Looking lost to the world. In each other.

And all the enthusiasm, Namtarn was feeling. Got broken in a snap. Looking at them being so happy.

"Is that Arthit?"

Her mother's voice caught her attention. And she nodded blankly in reply.

"Wow... He seems to have moved on."

Namtarn glared at her mother. "You think?"

Her mother gaped. Namtarn's pride was hurt. With the knowledge that Arthit had moved on so easily from her. Without even putting a fight. Or explanation.

She was angry at herself. Realising of the happiness she let go off. Looking at Arthit pampering the kid. Like he might break. Looking at Arthit glowing with happiness.

He never glowed the same way, when he was with Namtarn. Never looked so carefree. So content.

Namtarn was angry, she let go of the happiness. Something which could have been her. She was happy with Arthit. She knew the kind of man Arthit was. How caring and loving. Tending to all her whims.

But now. Looking at the way they were both with each other. Namtarn realised. The way Arthit was tending to the kid wasn't like being on duty. Arthit was looking cheerful, while taking care. Not the way he was with Namtarn.

Why? What did she lack?

Namtarn watched closely at the kid. They were inside a cloth Store. He was whining about something. Namtarn can see the way he was grumbling at Arthit. With crossed arms.

And the way Arthit was smiling, at the pouting face. Like Arthit was given the stars. Finally giving up for whatever the kid was complaining for. Raising his arms. And the kid perked up grinning, instantly.

Namtarn gritted her teeth. The kid must be exploiting Arthit. Using him for money. Arthit was always soft hearted. Letting people walk over. And Namtarn knew, the kid was using Arthit's soft heart. Why can't Arthit see?

Her feet started taking him towards the store on it's own.

"Where are you going?" Her mother gripped her wrist.

"To Arthit." Namtarn replied blankly, continuing to stare at the handsome pale face from the distance.

"Don't be stupid Namtarn." Her mother hissed.

"I am not being stupid mom." Nam murmured. "I was stupid when I let Arthit go."

"I know you think, that Arthit would keep you at the stars. Looking at him now. But trust me... When you get money, fame, luxury at your feet... After marrying an Alpha. You'll forget about your regrets soon." Her mother reasoned.

"And what about love, mom?" Namtarn snapped her gaze at her mother. "What about comfort? And warmth?"

"And you think. He's just going to take you back?" Her mother crossed her arms. "Look at him. He is happy beyond repair. He doesn't miss you. He's bagged an Omega."

"No." Namtarn snapped her gaze back towards Arthit's way. "No... He is just with that kid, because am not there for him. He still loves me. He's just distracting himself. That's it."