35~ a chilling battle- part 2

"King, hurry and use Hammer arm!" Jake called.

Without a sound King charged in, his claws glowing a greeny blue colour.

"Since when did King know Hammer arm!?" Milly exclaimed.

"He must of learnt it while training." Kat answered back sounding equally awed.

I quickly took out my chalk board and scribbled down a question. I poked Milly in the arm and showed her the question when she turned.

What's Hammar arm do?

"Hammer arm's a move that if a hit it landed will also damage the Pokemon that used the move." She explained. "It's a super hard move to learn and can be risky. It can seriously injure the opponent or the user if not used right, Jake must be really confident."

King reached Cryoganal and slammed one of his claws into it, knocking it from the air before pinning Cryoganal underneath his glowing claw. I couldn't really see what happened after that but when King got off, Cryoganal had swirly eyes and wasn't getting up. King flinched slightly afterwards but was otherwise fine.

"Cryoganal is unable to battle, King wins!" The ref called.

The leader returned his Pokemon and pulled out another. "Good work Jake, you must of been working really hard to perfect that move."

Jake nodded. "It took ages but we got it down."

The leader nodded and pulled out another Pokemon. "Go, Vanilish." He said calming while throwing a Pokéball into the air releasing an ice cream like Pokémon that reminded me I was hungry.

Jake hesitated but quickly sent King into action. "Okay King, Vice Grip just as we practiced."

Taking time to give a brief nod towards his trainer, King charged in with his glowing greeny blue claw out stretched and ready to snap at Vanilish.

"Counter with Blizzard." The leader ordered.

Jake smirked at the leader. "Predictable. King Surf now."

Using the momentum from his charge, King raised a vast wave from the ground. He rode it like a pro surfer, his claw never loosing its glow until it, and King crashed into Vanilish with the added force of the wave.

With that one move, Vanilish was fainted.

Milly let out a long low impressed whisper. "He must of done a lot of training."

Kay nodded. "He has been going all week. Looks like it did him good, right Mr Sumo Piggy?"

~Pignite.~ The chubby Pokémon replied to his trainer.

"Time for my ace, go Beartic!" The leader ordered.

This Pokemon was like a giant teddy bear. But with big claws and stuff.

~BEARTIC!~ It roared.

Jake returned King. "Okay, you've been waiting for this Torch. Don't let me down!" He called throwing out his Blazikan.

~Blaz-i-kan.~ Touch called doing three punches into the air.

"Our last battle was quite interesting. Let's see if this one works in your favour."

Jake nodded. "Torch, Blaze Kick."

Torch nodded before swiftly charging in on Beartic. He jumped up at the speed of light and swung his leg around, smashing his foot directly in Beartic's face. Beartic clearly underestimated Torch's attack because he just stood there and took the attack, but he flew back and hit the back wall.

"Tremendous power increase." The leader commented.

Jake nodded with a smirk. "We've been training hard."

The leader nodded. "Well then I won't hold back, Beartic Aerial Ace."

"Torch Blast Burn! Just like we practised!"

Beartic jumped into that air and literally flew in towards Torch but he just stood there, his eyes focused on Beartic and at the last moment he jumped into the air and slammed his foot on the ground sending up a plum of lava and fire.

When the dust and smile finally settled Beartic was laying on the ground fainted.

"Beartic is unable to battle. The winner is Torch which means the match goes to Jake!" The ref called.

Jake fist pumped and ran up to Torch and high-fived him. "Great job bud."

~Kan!~ Torch smirked, throwing a sideways glance at Gardenia.

Milly ran down the stairs and hugged Jake. "I knew you could do it! Now you only need one more badge!"

Kay, myself and my Pokemon joined them down of the field. Congratulating Jake on his win.

Jake fist pumped again as the leader walked over to him. "Congratulations Jake. You have improved tremendously since our last battle managing to take down all three of mine with only two Pokemon." He held out a shiny blue badge to Jake.

Jake smiled and accepted to badge. "Thank you Bricen. Opulucid City here I come!"

I clapped my hands together in excitement but winced when my arm hurt from the movement I quickly stopped and lightly rubbed my arm.

"If you're up to it Paige?" Jake said worriedly.

I smiled and nodded. I didn't want to stop Jake from his journey and the more we moved around, the harder it would be for Ghetsis to find me and hurt me again.

"Well then, we leave tomorrow. Let's go."

With that we walked from the gym together.

:Hey Samurai?:

~Yes Paige?~

:I'm still hungry:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry its short and sucky. DX I'm getting writers block but once I get up to after Jake gets his last gym bade it should pick up. I've got what happens after that completely planned. But until then expect a few time skips and sucky chapters.