45~ just protecting you

>Jake's pov<

Paige's body was completely tense as she looked around constantly for any sighs of danger. She was terrified, I could tell that much. She held my hand as if at any second I wouldn't be there and stuck close to my side. Her grip on my hand actually hurt a little but I didn't mind I knew she was depending on me and if it helped her feel better and safer I don't mind.

I would do anything to make sure Paige knew she was safe with me.

>Paige's pov<

Jake held my hand tightly. He knew I was afraid of what was inside.

When we entered six old men lined up blocking the way. I knew them, some more than others. They always wore robes and were always treated with respect. Some were nice to me but most were mean and would push me around or hit me if I didn't do something right.

I hid behind Jake, watching them with fear. Even though some of them were nice I didn't know if try would hurt me or force me to stay again. I didn't want to.

Jake got ready to defend if needed, glaring at them.

One of them stepped forward, wearing red robes. He raised his head in superiority, not even glancing at me. "Those in accord with Fate all preserved, and those who rebel against Fate perish.

The next stepped forward, this time wearing blue robes. Bronius, I'd never liked him. He always gave me dirty looks that would always scare me dreadfully. "When the way was forgotten, duty and justice appear."

"One can loose a forest without trees." Ryoku stepped forward. I didn't mind him all that much, I didn't particularly like him but he hadn't done anything mean to me, but nothing nice either.

The next to step forward was Gorm with dark brown robes. "If you make a mistake and do not correct it, that is a second mistake."

Next was Rood. He was always nicer, giving me friendly smiles and never hurt me. But now he had something about him that scared me. "Superior men understand what is right. Inferior men understand what will sell."

"There are not two suns in the sky, nor two sovereigns over people." Zinzilon was the last and defiantly the one I feared the most. He always pushed me around and hit me when N wasn't looking and then told me he'd hurt me again if I told anyone so I never did.

Giallo spoke again. "Well... If anything should happen to our king, it would be disastrous. It would ruin Ghetsis's perfect plan! Our lord N will he disappointed, but the six of us shall defeat you here!"

Jake got ready to battle as did my Pokémon but a voice called out from behind. "Can ya manage that?"

A cowboy man strode in forward in front of us. "Still standin', are ya, kid?"

Giallo looked shocked. "You... You're Driftvale's...!?"

"That's Driftvale cities gym leader Clay." Jake whispered to me.

"Hermph! Ain't just me!" Clay smirked as a bunch of other people ran in. 

"So sorry... not only are we stronger than you, but there are a lot more of us!" A woman with frizzy blue hair said crossing her arms.

Bronius looked enraged. "Accursed Gym Leaders!"

I recognised the next speaker as the Nimbasa city gym leader Elsa. "Ignoring Team Plasma... That would be a terrible thing for us gym leaders to do."

"We heard the commotion and just had to come." The gym leader I'd battled, Burgh, if I remember correctly. 

The next speaker was wearing a flight costume. "I'm fine! Don't worry!"