Infected

I opened my eyes slowly.
Ugh.
I wish I couldn't feel my body now.

My eyes scanned the dim room. It must be night because the only source of light is a little gas lamp on my night table
I sighed and looked at the side of my bed.

I sucked in a breath.
Ah!
A person!

Oh.
It's Russia.

I smiled a little bit as I looked at him sleeping in the small chair. He was wearing the same clothes from the last time I saw him, which could've been days, or a few hours ago.
He's one of the sweetest people I know. I want to wake him up and tell him that I'll be "fine" and that he doesn't need to worry, but he'll know better.

I looked down at myself. I pulled back the covers to reveal my bandaged torso. Everything hurts.
But.
I've had worse days.
Speaking about days, I only have a few left. I looked back at Russia.
I.
I don't know what to do.
I'm dying.
I can't ask him to commit his life to me. He deserves more than that. I don't want to do that to him. To make an unbreakable bond with him, only to die a few days later, but 13 did say that I might survive if he did mark me, and become... mates.
But.
I can't ask him to do that. It's too much.

I sighed lightly and pulled the covers back onto myself.
Let's try to rest and maybe get a few more hours of life.

Hmmmmm.
That kinda feels nice.
A hand was playing with my hair gently and there was an occasional kiss on the head or cheek. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, like when I was a pup.
A weak smile rose up onto my face as I leaned into whoever's hand was playing with my hair.
They froze.
I creaked open a heavy eye.
A wave of blood rushed to my face.

"Hey, Bear." I managed to croak out. His state of shock seemed to break.
"Hello Stars," he smiled at me and leaned down, just a little bit.
"How long was I out?" He shrugged.
"About a day."
What??
How??

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry I was out for so long," I apologized. I feel so guilty for letting them worry.
"Hey, you don't need to apologize for something you can't control." Russia's voice was gentle, soft, and comforting.
I just looked up at him and gave a weak smile. He smiled back with a slight blush.

He cleared his throat, "Um, are you hungry? I could get you something to eat or drink if you want anything."
"Well that's very kind of you, big Bear," he blushed once again. "But I'm fine."
"You should at least drink some water." He got up and walked out the door.
Oh.
He left.
I'm kinda sad.

Russia entered the room again with a wooden cup filled with water.
"Here," he nudged the cup in my direction.
I took it from him and sat up with a painful flare in my stomach.
"Ah." I winced and grabbed my side as I laid back down.
Russia took the cup from my hand and put it on the night table.
He sat down in his chair and started to run his hand through my hair.
Hmm. At least it's distracting me from my pain.
I felt my muscles relax.
"Are you okay Stars?" He looked at me and I could see the concern in his eyes.
I nodded slightly and rose myself up with my elbows.
He gave me the water and got up to get a pain reliever for me.
He's too dang sweet.

"Here." He put the pills into my hand.
"Thank you," I managed to croak out.
He smiled and nodded his head.
I put the pills on my tongue and swallowed them dry, then drank the water he gave me.
After I was done with the water he went back out again to get more water for me, because it's very important.
He returned and put the cup on the night table.

I don't know what to say. Maybe like "Heyyyy there Ruskie, my big old bear, I'm dying, so want to be my mate and die with me?" Nah, too blunt.

I looked at Russia to see that he was gazing at my neck. I noticed that the bandage was off my neck, because that wound healed properly, unlike my other wounds.
Why is he staring at it, I know I have a black scar for no reason, but he is really examining it.
A creak of the door made Russia's eyes break away.
My mother and brother ran to my side, kicking the alpha out of his chair, then Belarus stepped through the door with a somber face.