The Pack

Canada soon came into the room after Russia had left. I just wanted to sleep, but I didn't want to sleep alone in an unfamiliar place surrounded by unfamiliar people I don't know. Well, he hasn't even seen the rest of Russia's pack for that matter.

Keep it that way.

Damnit Con.

It's not like we're gonna be here long. When we can walk, we can go.

I'm not going to leave my brother and mother, not now. They say this is a safe place. Let me rest.

But what if it isn't safe? They could be tricking you into a false sense of security. This could be another experiment.

He could be right. What if they were all a part of this elaborate plan? To lure me in, urn my trust, then betray me.

I noticed my brother was gazing at me. We made eye contact, then he smiled lightly and I did the same in return.
My body made a painful reminder that my painkillers were wearing off.
I told my brother if he could get me more.
He nodded and pulled out a plastic container filled with pills and herbs.
He gave me two pills and a leaf of some natural remedy.
Canada then got a wooden cup, almost like a coconut, filled with water.
"Take the pills and then chew the leaf. It will relax your mind," my Nada said.

I popped the pills in my mouth and swallowed them. Nada looked at me weirdly.
Oh. I didn't drink the water with the pill. I gulped down the water and examined the fern leaf-looking herb. I sniffed the strange leaf.
Ew.
Doesn't smell good.
"It's not poisonous if that's what you're wondering."
I cocked an eyebrow at him.
"Are you sure Maple?"
He smiled at me and massaged my shoulder lightly.
"I know, it smells terrible, but it'll make you feel better. Trust me."
I sighed and gave in.
I placed the fern-like herb on my tongue. It was horrible. But. Better than stuff I was fed at the "lab." I shrugged and continued to chew the strange leaf.
It made my stomach growl.
Oh, that reminds me, I haven't eaten anything in two days.
"Oh, Meri, when was the last time you ate?"
"A few days," I answered honestly.
"Oh my God. I'm so sorry I didn't ask earlier. I'll go get you something right now."
I didn't have the time to protest before he left.
I sighed and continued to chew the leaf while the pain in my body died down.

I'm alone.
In a strange place.
Surrounded by strangers.
Wounded.
Anything could happen.

Wait, but my mother is here. She wouldn't let anything happen

She chose Canada over me and left me to be "experimented" on.
Is she even in the camp, or is she out hunting?

When is Canada going to get back? Did he leave? Did he get attacked and I didn't hear it?

What if they're all tricking me and they turn me in?
Oh my God.
They wouldn't do that, right?

My thoughts were cut off by Canada walking in with a cooked rabbit's leg.
"Hey, are you okay? You look a bit... shook."
I nodded my head.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you."
"Eat up."

He gave me the wooden plate that had a cooked rabbit leg and potato salad.
I smiled at him gratefully and tore into my meal.

This
Is
Amazing

I ate it within the minute as my brother watched me amused as I viciously tore the leg apart.
I wiped my chin off with the back of my hand and chuckled.
"I hadn't had anything this good since the last time mom made her famous croissants." I laughed.
"Those are amazing. I could ask her to make those for you tonight when you meet the pack."
"Yes!"
Oh, I forgot I was meeting the rest of Russia's pack.
"I'm going to rest for a little bit. Maybe prepare myself mentally to meet one hundred new people."
Canada chuckled under his breath.
"They are all nice and accepting. Poland is really sweet, and so is Estonia, Germany is pretty cool and super smart, and Finland is a little... cold. But, I'm sure he'll warm up to you, and the others will love you."
"Thanks, Maple." I smiled at him and dove under the blankets for more blissful sleep.

"Hey bud, supper is ready. Are you ready to meet the others? Everyone is there. Mom made her croissants."
I groaned as I pulled my covers back and the light blinded my eyes. I've been dreading this, but I'm a man of my word, so I'll go.
I got up from what seemed to be my death bed just a few hours ago.
Canada brought me jean pants and a red flannel shirt. I changed into clothes.
"Can you walk?"
"We'll see," I said.
I stood up slowly. My legs shook as I grabbed the bedside. Canada reached his arms out in preparation to catch me in the event that I fall.
"Could you get me a cane?"
Nada nodded and then out the door to return seconds later with a large stick that looked like a cane.
I took the cane and stabilized my shaking legs.
I started to walk.
"Can you walk all the way there?"
"I think I can, and I will."
"Whatever you say."
Hr walked along my side as we started to limp to the "gathering place," where they cook their catch and socialize.

I limped out of the building and looked at the setting sun and the orange glow of the bond fire.
There was a large table of food set under a canopy to protect it from natural elements.

People started to gather around the table and look at me.
Russia walked up next to my side and looked down at me with a faint smile.
Ge looked back at the others.

"This is America. He is going to stay with us until he gets better. Until then, he is one of us."

___________
Hi guys, sorry for not updating last week, my life had been crazy.
I unpublished "the main characters" because I changed a few designs, so I'll post the new ones at the end of a chapter. I'll also make a sketch of the camp too.

Have a lovely day (or night)!