The Mate

America's pov
☆°•☆•°☆

After a week of living at Russia's house, my wounds had finally healed. There would be a sudden spike of pain here and there, but it'd be gone within a few minutes, or whenever Russia would gently run his hand over the new scars that only added to the collection that littered all over my body.

And after a week China and my father are still here. Russia has been around talking to Ukraine and Finland a lot, trying to figure out what to do with them.
I have a vague memory of China. I believe we shared the same housing chambers as the "scientists" were decided on what to do with us. We were both still in shock and or denial of what happened, so we didn't talk much unless it was consoling the other when involuntarily tear would escape our eyes, knowing that we'd never escape.
Well, we did escape in the end.

I got out of the, now empty bed, and walked out of the room. I walked down the staircase and into Russia's office to find him passed out on the desk. Again.
I sighed and went over to my mate and rubbed his shoulders.
He hummed in his sleep.
"Russ, fluff ball," I purred.
Russia smiled slightly as I placed a kiss on the corner of his mouth.
"It's time to get up," I sang softly.
"Het," he protested like a child.
I hugged his waist and kissed his neck softly before I lifted him up slightly to kick his chair out from under him and let go.
"Ow!" Russia exclaimed.
"Maybe if you were to sleep in a bed like a normal person, you wouldn't be so sore," I retorted.
"Well maybe if you didn't pull my chair-" I cut him off with a look that said, "another word out of your mouth, I'll put my foot where the light doesn't shine."
"Sorry, sorry, I was busy," he apologized. I offered my hand to help him off the wooden floors. He took it and dusted himself off after standing.

The tall male sighed and wrapped his arms around me in a gentle embrace.
I returned it.
His embrace makes every little inconvenience melt away like ice on a hot summer's day.
That's why I returned it.
The only reason.

Why are you still in denial?

Because it's wrong.

"Shut the fuck up," I muttered under my breath.
Just for that, I'm gonna spite that southern son.
I put my head in my mate's chest.
"What was that?" he asked quietly.
"Nothing," I responded.
He tiredly hummed and ran his hand through my hair in response.
"How was sleeping on your desk for the past three nights?" I remarked.
"Dreamless and woke up sore," he replied honestly. He held me a fraction tighter.
"How was yours?" He asked back.
"It's nice having an entire king-sized bed to myself, but I do weirdly miss having our weird tired morning conversations," I responded.
Russia let out a quiet 'oh' and proceeded to plant a kiss on my head in apology.

"Russia-" Ukraine opened the door and stared at us.
Russia and I parted ways quickly, but our blush remained.
"Is this a bad time?" the beta softly questioned, slowly retreating out the door.
"No, no, it's fine, come in," his older brother said.
"I'm going to go now," I stated.
"Okay, be safe," Russia fussed. A small blush brushed his cheeks.
"Will do, my dearest," I blew a kiss after as a joke. Ukraine chuckled while Russia burned up.

I love messing with my mate like that. Seeing him get all blushy.
I like him.
I do, but I'm not ready to use the "L" word, yet.

Yet

You 'ave been on my nerves lately, boy.

Technically I am older than you. I was friends with-

"Oh, Amerika, since you're still here, would you like to talk after supper?" Russia respectively asked.
Wait, what?
"Okay, one, what do we need to talk about; and two, did you just use my actual name?"
"One, I just want to talk to, bond," Russia adverted his gaze from mine. "And two, yes, but I do prefer calling you Stars." He answered with honesty.
I smiled, and replied, "I'd love to talk. See you then, fluff ball."

I then walk out the door and close it behind me. Ukraine's loud laughter is heard through the office walls. "Fluffball??" he asked in confusion before erupting into laughter once again.
I can only imagine the frustrated blush on Russia's face.

I walked out of the house with a smile on my face.
"Hallo, America, you look cheerful," Germany said from the large table across the large dirt street.
"Had a good morning so far," I replied.
Germany nodded.
"How is your morning going?" I asked politely.
"Poland made me breakfast, I can't complain." The smaller country responded.

I smiled and nodded before walking off to my mom's house.
I nocked in the door in a rhythmic tune. To my surprise, my father opened it.
"Oh, hi," I muttered. "Is mom here?" I asked.
The medium-sized man that I moved over and stepped aside and let me in.
France was on the couch reading a tattered large book.
Once she saw me, she hastily stood up and wrapped her arms around me.
"It's nice seeing you stand up without a cane," she pulled away from the hug. I chuckled lightly.
"How is your mate," my mother slyly asked.
I blushed and averted my gaze.
"He's good, but-" My father cut me off.

"What do you mean, he?" The oldest country growled out. I saw fear flare in my adoptive mother's eyes.
"I have a male mate, if that concerns you, which it shouldn't," I said calmly, but I also laced my voice with venom.
"I told you that you could only mark a female," my father spat.

After years of being separated and experimented on, this is our first actual conversation.
"You don't have a say in my life," I growled. I saw France shrug into herself.
"I raised you!" He tried to defend himself.

A wave of anger crashed over my body. "You raised me?" I growled and looked him dead in his greenish-blue eyes that reminded me of unclean swamp water. "You left me and my birth mother to fend for ourselves because I wasn't 'perfect' enough for you. I had to raise myself! A month after you left, my mother died, I was just a child that could barely run in a straight line. And for five years, it was just me against the world. I had to feed myself. I had to find shelter. I had to defend myself. I had to survive all alone. All you did was abandon me. It took France to convince you to take me in. You don't have a say in my life, you lost that privilege and my respect a long time ago." I coldly said. My icy gaze never wavered from his.

My father opened his mouth to defend himself. I raised my finger and silenced him.
"Too late," I said, then I promptly turned around and walked out the door.

________________

Sooooo I have two things to tell yall

Number one: I wrote the last two chapters of the book, so all I have to do is fill in the blanks (witch will still take awhile, don't worry, yeat)

Number two: If any of yall want to create a new cover for my book, please do so.
I drew the current cover on my phone and it sucks
So here's the description of Russia and America if any of you guys want to draw a new cover for me

America: stands up to Russia's chin; has blue patch with stars and orange-y eye with a scar underneath it on the left side of his face; has a bright/frosty blue eye and stripes on the right side of his face; hair has stars and stripes (basically continuing his flag); has blue star shaped freckles littered all over his body; has a black scar going across his neck.

Russia: deep blue eyes, white fluffy hair, just above his shoulder; has two scars at the junction of his neck and shoulders that intersect around his heart; some blue and white freckles on his upper body.

If you wanna draw the new cover, comment or message me and message or tag me in a post when you finish it

:)