Reunion

America's POV
★°•★•°★

I hugged my little brother tightly. Well, he isn't little anymore. He's actually taller than me now. By a lot. I wish I could've seen him grow up.

We haven't had a conversation yet. We just whisper "I missed you" and "I can't believe it" to each other while we hug and admire one another.
My mother held my face and looked into my eyes. I saw her face fall.
"Since when did you have an orange eye?" She asked looking at my right eye and lightly brushing the scar underneath it. I held her hand lightly, looked at the floor, sighed, and told her.

"A few years ago they thought that if they gave me heterochromia I would be able to see the afterlife and mortal realm. Like my ancestors believed that dogs and wolves with two different colored eyes could be able to do that. But. It failed."

I saw my mother and brother flinch slightly.
I saw another person move slightly in a corner of the room. The movement triggered the instincts I've built up over the years of captivity.
I saw the three strangers in the room with me.
How could I be so clueless and caught up in emotion not to notice three complete strangers in the same small room with me??
My eyes narrowed and I growled at them.
The small female put her hands in the air to not pose as a threat.
"America, calm down. They aren't going to hurt you." Canada said slowly and calmly.
I couldn't risk letting my guard down around anyone unknown.
"I'll just go." The yellow and blue boy said. He grabbed the arm of the small white, green and red country and walked out the door.
The largest male looked at me and crossed his arms.
"America, he won't hurt you."

"How the hell do you know?" I snapped back at him keeping my eye on the large red, blue and white male.

"He is the one that brought you here and saved your life. He could've let you die."

I glanced at France so she would confirm, or deny Canada's claim. She nodded her head and smiled slightly.
"You can trust him. Don't worry. Calm down."
I glared at the large man in front of me a while more.
He just smirked at me.

The audacity of that man.

Well almost being killed didn't kill the voices in my head.
The bulky male looked at me halfway up on my elbows.
"For being a half-dead Omega, you don't seem to be longing for rest."

Maybe it's because I was experimented on as a 14-year-old and they would deprive me of sleep before and after surgeries to see how I'd react and how my body could adapt to heal itself.

I just stayed silent. My brother sighed, then smiled sweetly.
"I can't believe that you're alive." Canada chuckled at the end. We hugged again.
"How did you escape?" I asked. My mother and brother looked down.
"Russia, could you give us a minute?" My mother asked.
So his name is Russia. I'll thank him later for saving my life, 'cause if I was out there another minute, I'd be dead. There's no doubt about it.

Russia nodded and left the room for us.
My mother sighed and told her story.
"Well, we were captured for a few months at the facility. The experiments weren't as extreme as yours. They conducted surgery on Canada to examine his lungs, but that's as cruel as it got. I can't even comprehend what you've been through mon fils (my son)." She looked up at me.
I avoided eye contact as I said, "It's okay no one could've stopped it." I shrugged my shoulders and looked up at France and Canada. They both avoided my glaze.
"We didn't escape by ourselves. A guard took pity on me because I was a broken woman torn away from her children. He made me choose one of my sons to escape with me." My mother said.
"I'm so sorry." She said with tears silently running down her cheeks.

I don't know what emotion I'm experiencing.
I'm mad at her for not choosing me to escape.
I'm jealous of Canada because he is clearly the favorite child.

It was a tough call. Obviously, she loves you, but she had to choose one of her sons.

Damn. 13 is right. I'm technically not her son, and she probably thought that since I'm the oldest, I could handle more abuse than my younger siblings.
But.
What about Aussie? Just think what was going through that little boy's mind. Was he kept with his twin sister?

"What happened to the twins?"

"The guard told me that they would be together to monitor their behavior as young twins. I hope that they're still together." She sighed.

I hope so too.

"How did you end up here?" Canada asked me.
"I followed the North Star. To the Safe Haven. Where everyone got along and wasn't judged for who they are."
"That little Safe Haven sounds a lot like here." Canada chuckled.
"This is a pack, Nada. Not a Haven."
"What I'm trying to say is that this place is safe and accepting. Maybe the legends were based off the Northern Pack. The Alpha did save you after all. Think about it, Amy."

Wait, that tall man was the Alpha?

God, I made a mistake.

I sighed. He could be right, the Safe Haven could be made up, or be based on legends of the North, or this could be it and I don't know it yet.

A wave of tiredness washed over me without warning. I snuck deeper into the bed.

"We should let you rest now. Sleep well mon fils." My mom said and kissed my head and left.
Canada ruffled my hair gently and chuckled.
"Get well soon, brother. Goodbye for now."
"Bye," I said as he left the room and closed the door quietly behind him.

I looked up at the wooden cathedral ceiling, like in an old handmade cabin. It wouldn't hurt if I rested my eyes a little bit.
I need to recover, so I need sleep. Canada said this place is safe, so I wouldn't be attacked, or taken away in my sleep, right?
My eyes got heavier as I thought more about my future.

What if I did stay here?

_________________

Happy Labor Day!

(I've heard that people have been attacking the CH community. It hasn't happened to me yet, but if this does get reported for some reason I'll take it down for like a week or so, or copy and paste the chapters and make a "new book" with them. Tbh I don't care, I like writing, and I'm proud of myself for what I did, so yeah. I'll still post once a week, don't worry.)

I'll see y'all next Sunday or Monday!