Dream

Russia's pov
☆°•☆•°☆

Warmth surrounded my body as I gazed into the clearing of waving tall grass. A pair of young children giggle as they skipped by me without a second glance. I couldn't make out their faces, despite the glowing morning sun. I soaked in the warmth for a second before my body carried me after the joyful children. They ran up the hill and rolled right down. They barked in laughter as they tumbled on top of each other. They sat up at the bottom of the hill and all joy as the moment washed away as the smaller one started to break down.
"Hey, hey it's okay," the larger boy cooed. The small boy shook his head.
"No, it isn't. I can't stay here. I need to find my father!" The small boy cried.
"I can help," the other boy whispered.
"No, you can't. I have to do it alone. You have a family here, I need to find mine," the small boy reasoned.

"But I could take you in as my family," the larger boy argued back.

"No you can't," he wiped away his own tears and walked away without looking back.

Why am I having this weird dream?

Is this one of America's memories?

I heard that sometimes mates can share dreams, or even memories from one, that didn't happen to the other.

Without a moment's notice, I'm in a plain, large, white room. Not a bedroom, but a room with a single bed made with pure white sheets in the middle of the room. There's a teen sitting on the small bed with his head in-between his knees. I walked closer to him without making a sound.

Striped arms peeked through the white sleeve of the medical scrubs that the boy was in as he hugged his legs. Realization crashed over me.

"Meri!" I cried.

No response.

I called out again, only to get the same answer.

I can't do affect this moment no matter what I say or do, Stars won't be affected.

I sighed and sat down next to the love of my life and looked around the room. Titanium white cement walls. Glaring white floors with light gray specks. Blinding LED lights left no shadows on the floor. A heavy steel door that locked from the outside with a closed peek slot.

I looked at Stars again and sorrow filled my heart. Dark bags under his eyes made him resemble a raccoon, more than a person. Two dull blue eyes were staring at nothing.

Until the door squealed open.
Those dull eyes looked at the figures in white lab coats looming from the doorway.
Two of them came forward and hoisted Stars to his feet and practically dragged him down the halls. I was forced to fallow into a room that looked equipped for surgery, but there was a steel table with adjustable leather straps fitted to it.
America's eyes widened as he started to fight back against the burly men and all I could do was watch helplessly and pray that this wasn't a memory of my most loving mate.

He lost the fight and was fastened onto the table as he writhed around, trying to get free of the contraption.
"Please don't do this," he begged, "Please! I'd do anything!" The "doctor" looked my mate up and down slowly, absorbing every minor detail, and smiled, "That's awfully tempting." The others barked in laughter. Rage fills me, but I'm utterly paralyzed and useless.
"Real tempting," purred a large man. He grabbed my Stars chin and made the blue-eyed boy look at him. America ripped his head away, earning a scowl from the intimidating man. I internally cringed as I see the "doctor" pick up a scapula. I saw the panic rising through the poor teen as he struggled to break free of his bounds. A man stabilized the shaking head as the scapula drew closer to Stars' right eye. "Now stay still, or you'll get blood everywhere, and that's just a mess you'll have to clean up later," the "doctor" cheerfully warned. A cry split the air as the knife split the skin near his eye.

The scene cut short, thank God.
I'm back in the white room with a curled up in a corner, shaking and clutching his head. Whispering under his breath. He was startled as the door opened. A red man stepped through the door, wielding a water bottle, and a bottle of pills. The young man sits down next to America and my mate doesn't seem to be startled. The tall red country offered a hand to America, which he accepted, and drew him onto the bed.

"Here," the man placed the pill bottle and water by my Stars.
"Thank you, China," croaked Stars as he poured himself the mystery pills and swallowed them down.

Wait.

That's China?

"Hey, can you overdose on this stuff?" The red white and blue country asked. His lifeless eyes looked for a label for any kind of information.
Oh no.
My poor Stars.
"Nope tried, I woke up with a killer headache," the other country responded flatly. America hummed and nodded his head in acknowledgment as he gripped China's hand again.

Obviously, he's trying to find comfort, so I can't be mad at him. But I can't help but feel the pent-up rage as they moved closer.

"Why can't they just kill me?"
That one sentence shattered my heart. Tears hung in my eyes as he explained.
"Why can't they just finish the job for once and kill me? They torture me to research my body's reaction to heal itself, but when I'm so close to death, they take away the little bit of freedom I have," his voice flooded with emotion as he talked about all the cruel experiments he had to endure.
China swiftly took my Stars' head and kissed him. Unreasonable anger rose up as I saw China caress my mate. The shorter country pulled back in shock.
"You just needed to get out of your head," China mumbled with an unmistakable blush on his face. "I, uh, should go, bye," China stumbled out his words, just like he stumbled out of the room.

A new scene sat in front of me.

A much worse scene.

I could feel the cold body in my arms.

My Stars gazed up and me, not through me, but into my eyes as blood leaked through his neck. Even when I put my hand over his throat, the wound refused to seal and the sicky red substance bubbled through my fingers with no sign of stopping until all of the blood was outside his body.

Desperation pulsed through my veins as fear took over my body.

Tears flowed from my eyes as I looked into his dulling, fear-filled eyes of flame and ice.
He placed a hand on my cheek and whispered his final words, "Why did you let this happen to me, Russ?"

My whole body jerked off the bed as I woke from my nightmare. I frantically searched my bed to find my mate sleeping blissfully. I held him tightly as if he was my weight to Earth.
"Russ, are you okay?" The beautiful country fussed about me and turned around so he was facing me. I nodded into his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.
"What happened?" He combed my mass of cotton hair with his hand. I answered, "I had a bad dream. That's all. I love you so, so much." I gently said. Stars silently chuckled and gave me a quick kiss before saying, "I love you too Mr 'I'm-a-cold-intimidating-alpha-with-no-feelings.' Good night, my fluff ball," he quickly kissed the top of my head and held me close to his warm body. I kissed the sweet skin of his exposed chest and smiled up at my lover.
"Good night."

____________

Umm
So yeah, just some of America's traumas.