Mates

Russia's pov
☆•°☆°•☆

I wrapped my arms around my mate. I shifted down and buried my face in his chest. Stars giggled and played with my hair while I purred.
"I haven't released how long your hair is till now," he chuckled. "It looks like it's made of fluffy snow." I nuzzled my head deeper in response. The rhythmic beats of his heart were soothing.
It's kinda ironic that I, an ice-cold alpha, melt in the arms of a warm omega.
My God.
I love him so much.

I felt a small cold stone press up against my cheek. I pulled away from Stars' chest to see the blue stone bear necklace that I gave him. I smiled and twirled the charm around the string it was on. I thought he took it off, for reasonable purposes, but no.
My mate kissed my head and weaved his fingers through my hair.
"Although I love my cuddles and would love to spend the rest of the day here kissing and whatnot-"
"I can make arrangements for that," I purred.
"It's three in the afternoon," he retorted.
"You do have a point, but let me just make mine," I then promptly kissed him. My love kissed back but pulled away shortly after.
"I need to take a shower, then after maybe you can show me around the territory," the smaller country offered before rising out of bed and pulling clothes back onto his frame.
"Okay," I pouted as I rolled out of the bed. I frowned.
I suddenly felt a wave of guilt.
"Oh, Stars I'm sorry if I went too far and made you uncomfortable," I sincerely apologized, unable to make eye contact with my mate. Stars walked up to me and caressed my face. He went up on his tippy toes and kissed the tip of my nose.
"It's fine, I'll tell you if you ever go too far, got it?"
I nodded vigorously.
"Good," he replied and patted my cheek, before grabbing a change of clothes and diving into the bathroom.

I sighed and left the bedroom rubbing my new mark. I want to take Stars out of the camp and show him around the territory, so he can go wherever he wants, or hunt wherever he wants. I don't want him to feel trapped, or neglected while I'm away. I plan on what areas I should bring him to.

America's pov
☆°•☆•°☆

Over the past few weeks, Russia had been showing me around the territory. My favorite spot is the little clearing to the west side. The green grass is soft to lay on and gaze at the stars and Russia put up some hammocks there too.

Oh, we both know that's your favorite place because Russia decided to maul you.

Maul and make-out are two different things.

Same intentions

"Shut up," I muttered with a heavy blush over my face. I closed my eyes and swung gently in the hammock. I took in a deep breath. I picked up a familiar scent.

"No need to stalk China!" I called out. I heard a rustle in the brush.
"How are you so good at tracking," he asked.
"Years of experience," I truthfully answered with my eyes still closed.
"Why are you here?" I asked.
Silence.
"I don't like repeating myself and do I have to remind you that I killed a full-grown cougar by myself just a few months ago?"
"Well, um, you're quite the powerful omega-"
"I warned you about that word," I growled.
China apologized before continuing, "I find that, how do I say? Desirable. In a future partner." My eyes flung open just as fast as I got out of the hammock.
"What are you saying?" I interrogated him. I kept my body tense but remained confident.

"Will you be my mate?" He shyly asked with his head bowed. I looked at him with a shocked expression painted all over my face. I wasn't expecting that to fall out of his mouth.
"I. I will treat you good and make sure that you are safe and we could run away together and start our own pack if you wanted," his hope-filled eyes sparkled as he spoke.

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

He reached out for my hands, but I quickly stated his mits away.

"China, your my friend, one of my best friends, but I won't be your mate. I love Russia, he loves me, we have a future together. I'm so sorry, but I think you read a couple of signs wrong, and that's on me. I'm sorry, I truly am, I hope that your platonic love is just confused right now," I spoke calmly and softly like a mother cooing her scared child.
He looked so broken.
"But-" I cut him off before he could even start.
"Russia loves me, and I love him, he already protects me and makes me happy. But I don't need anyone to take care of me and baby me. Someday you'll find someone to protect and make your own, but I already have my someone" I softly spoke.
I heard a rustling near the edge of the clearing, then a body popped out.

"Hello my lovely Stars, why are you two out here?" my mate asked.
"I was sleeping and China wanted to make sure that I was alright," I lied.
"I was just leaving anyway," China coldly spat out.
The red country stomped out of the clearing and into the woods.
Russia lazily walked to my side and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed the side of my head gently before asking, "Why is he so temperamental?"
I shrugged in answer and leaned into the large, muscular man.

____________

Thanks so much for 30k+ reads!

The Safe Haven जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें