The Necklace

The sky was painted with a shade of blue that reminded me of my mate's eyes. The blue faded to purple and the purple transitioned into the red. I made my way to the house the new arrivals were housed.
Once at the door I knocked politely. America's father opened the door with a bright smile.
"Come in, come in," he said.

I walked into the small and modest house. I could smell their individual scents clearly, now that the room wasn't stuffed with herbs and other people. While Britain was a powerful beta, China had a scent that an alpha could carry.
I don't like that.

The man, that I believed to be China, sat on a wooden chair at the small table. The rather tall man beckoned me to sit down at the table with him.
Once I sat in the homemade wooden chair he began to talk.
"So, you're the Alpha of the North, huh?"
I only nodded in response.
"I pictured this pack to be a little more... large."
I sighed. "What do you want?" My deep, gravelly voice seemed to boom in the small, quiet house.
China and Britain exchanged glances before the Brit decided to speak.
"We, at least I, want to become part of the pack. I want to be with my family once again. What could we do to prove that we're worthy enough to join your pack?"

I glared at them. I know that Britain's family is now part of the pack, but I don't like the idea of another alpha around. And I still have that feeling that they're up to something.
"I shall consider if I should allow you to enter my pack. In the meantime, get some rest." I said. I turned around and walked out the door.

I sighed to myself. The air was cool against my skin, but I can feel spring around the corner.
I want to get something from my house before I go back to my Stars. I walked on the little dirt path to my pine front door and opened it. The air was warm compared to the outside.

My house is rather large. It was built to house many pups and mates, but I don't seek to fill my house with children. Well, I do, but I don't want to force anything upon my mate.
I walked up the stairs and entered my room. I looked out the large window to see my Raven peering at me from an old oak tree. I smiled at him and Pine flapped his wings in response.
I searched for the object I had come here for. Once it was in my hand, I walked out of my house and headed towards my mate's recovery room.

America's pov
☆°•☆•°☆

A gentle shake woke me up, but I refused to reveal my face from the pillow it was buried in.
"Stars." The deep accented voice said.
Oh.
It's only Russ.
My body's natural response to a voice is to tense, or flinch, but this time I was able to let out a groan before snuggling into the bed further.
The hand squeezed my shoulder slightly.

"Get up. I have something for you." Russia said.
I cracked open my eyes and looked up at my mate.
"So like a gift?"
"Da." He looked away from my gaze as his cheeks filled with color and he clutched something in his hand. A small smile crept along my face. I sat up on the bed and sat criss-cross.
"Okay, what is it?" I asked the tall, blushing country.
He grabbed my wrist. Although I have been getting used to touch, this made me flinch. Russia must've seen some fear in my eyes or sensed something wrong because he let go and apologized to me profusely.
"C-can you please open up your hand, please?" I did what he asked and Russia placed a small pendant in the palm of my hand and closed my fingers around it using his while he mumbled something in a language I couldn't comprehend.
My mate then released my hand from his.

I opened my hand to find a necklace with a small, smooth, glacier blue, stone carved into a bear. I ran my finger across the smooth stone with the color that matches my eye as I stared wide-eyed at what Russia has gifted me. I looked up at Russia only to find his face redder than a tomato.
"Th-this is a necklace that has been handed down for generations. It's what the alpha gifts to his favorite mate. I, uh, hope you like it." He stuttered out. I could see the nervousness in his eyes and happiness in his smile.

I smiled widely at him as I put the necklace around my neck. Russia's eyes lit up as I did so.
"Come over here so I can give you a hug," I demanded.
He did what I said and wrapped his arms around me tightly. I draped my arms around his shoulders as my, surprisingly warm, mate occasionally kissed my mark.
Hmm.
You know what?
I buried my face in his neck. I nipped at his neck gently, which resulted in a surprised yelp. I giggled silently. Flustered Russia pulled back enough to look me in the eyes.
"W-why did you do that??" I couldn't make out the original colors of his skin under all the blush.
I shrugged and stuck out my tongue playfully. The taller male let out a mute chuckle and smile before mischievously sticking out his tongue.
I tackled the bear of a man by attacking him with little face kisses, to the bed and laid down on top of him.
"Cuddles," I muttered into the best pillow, which turned out to be his chest. Russia chuckled. He played with my hair that made me purr ever so slightly. Sometimes he would lay a kiss on my head as I listened to his heartbeat. Russia slid us under the sheets.
"You know what? After our cuddles tomorrow, we need to get you out of this depressing room. We can go for a small walk, then decide where you want to stay." Russia's tired voice rumbled throughout the room.
"Hmm. And what are the options?" I asked, still half awake.
"Well, you can move into your mother's, Canada's, and Ukraine's house, or... mine."
Oh.
Uh.
That'd actually be nice. Waking up to this every day.
I nodded right before cuddling my mate even more.

Aww.

____________

Ayyyeee day after lockdown anniversary

I did it
I wrote da fluffs

Btw this is what the necklace looks like

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.