Telling

Thankfully Russia was still in the house. The large man was cheerfully making a large breakfast. I looked in the living room, only to see a large set of golden wings. I covered all my emotions with a smirk.

"Everything okay?" Russia asked.
"Yeah. We'll talk about the details later," I lied in the first part.
"Oh, okay. I could sense your distress earlier. Are you sure you're okay?" My lovely, caring, nosey mate turned around to face me. I lifted my hand up and cupped his cheek.
"Yes, Russ. Don't fuss over me. I survived years of torture and being mauled by a big cat. I was just nervous about the results. That's all, my doll," I softly spoke. Russia huffed and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead.
"I believe you, but if anything is wrong, or upsetting you, please tell me. We both know that I would do anything for your safety and happiness, Stars," he said with a smile blessing his lips.
"I know."

With the sound of sizzling eggs, he released me from his hold and put his attention back on the meal. After a few more minutes went by, the breakfast was ready and I set the table for three but decided not to wake the passed-out bird. Russia snuck towards his brother with a devilish grin on his face.
"Wake up beloved bird bitch," Russia sang out. I looked at my mate with a face of amusement.
God, I love him so much.

I'll miss him when I'm gone.

"Shut up sir cyka. I need more vodka before I can deal with life right now," Kazakhstan grumbled.
"Rus made breakfast and some weird blue tea," I claimed. That made my mate's little brother perk up. He tried to get up, then gave up and plopped onto the floor again.
"Wings are too heavy," he whimpered. The larger male sighed and scooped up the smaller one in his arms.
"Thank you, dearest brother of mine," Kaza wiggled his wings in his brother's arms. Russia scoffed and dropped him in a chair. Kaza yelped in pain and surprise.
"That's for calling me 'sir cyka' you inferior crossbreed," Russia ruffled the winged male's hair. It was Kazakhstan's turn to scoff, "Okay Mister Alpha man."

My mate sat beside me while Kaza sat opposite him. I awkwardly looked at my plate and started to put small portions on my plate. Russia, being the observant and caring man he is, furrowed his brows in concern and confusion.
"Amerika, why don't you take more? There's plenty for everyone," his gentle voice was laced with his concern. I managed to smile up at him.
"I'm not that hungry this morning, but thank you, my love. I can bring some leftovers to my mother," I stated.
"Awe, aren't you so sweet," Kazakhstan cooed. He smirked, leaned across the table, and purred something in an unfamiliar language. The large, intimidating, muscular, alpha male's face exploded in a blush as he hit his brother's face away. Russia growled soothing out and the other just laughed at my mate's reaction.

"Rus, what did he say?" I asked cautiously. The hybrid opened his mouth to answer but Russia clapped a hand over the smaller male's mouth.
"Nothing! He said nothing," he squeaked out of embarrassment. I cocked an eyebrow at him but left it be.
"Thank you for the food, Russia," I gratefully said.
"Anything for you, my Stars," Russia purred out. He placed a delicate kiss on my forehead before continuing his meal.

It didn't take long for nausea to kick in after I took a few bites of my food.
I excused myself from the table and rushed off to the bathroom. I didn't bother to lock the door before I purged my breakfast into the toilet. My body seemed to weaken and shake. I flushed the remains of my meal and sat on the lid of the toilet to collect myself.
I heard a knock on the door, but they already entered the room before I could reply.
"Meri. Tell me what's wrong," the tall man demanded in a soft tone.
"I'm fine. Just a stomach bug. I'll be over it in a few days. No need to worry," I, falsely, claimed. Russia sighed and quickly and flawlessly picked me up into his arms and carried me to the living room. He gently sat me on the couch and he stood in front of me. I looked around for the angel-like boy but saw no trace.
"I may be sick, but I am still capable of walking," I grumbled under my breath.
"Amerika. I can sense your distress, so tell me what's going on," Russia's voice changed from soft and comforting to stern and demanding.
"As I said before, it's just the flu, Rus," I glared up at his deep blue eyes that seemed to narrow slightly.

"I'm not a fan of lies," the cold male growled out from his teeth. I sunk into the couch and avoided his gaze.

What am I supposed to tell him?
'Oh okay, I might die in a few months, but y'know I'm just speedrunning life.'
Or
'You will abandon me because I am a waste of your time and will only make you suffer.'

The first one is a bit dramatic, don't you think?

Nope. Perfect.

"Amerika."
My eyes watered as I started to curl into myself.
I fucking knew this would happen.
I frantically scratched my wrists out of a nervous habit to contain myself, but only ended up with more anxiety and blood-covered hands. Russia quickly snatched my wrists and held them to my sides. He let out a sigh of disappointment and took my arm into his grasp and ran his hand over my forearm, and just like that, the scratches are healed and the only trace is the blood that covered both of us. He then sat beside me.

"Why won't you tell me?" His gentle nature returned as the cold glare melted into one of care.
"Because you'll stop loving me for putting you through something you never asked for," my voice wavered. A cold, scared, calloused hand held my face.
"My Amerika, I'll never stop loving you. I marked you when you were literally dying for Christ's sake. Nothing will change how I feel about you," his gentle words were almost reassuring.
"So please tell me."

I pulled myself out of my mate's hold, trembling. Russia shuffled away a little to give me space, but he rubbed my back in a feeble attempt to comfort me.
I took a deep breath and sealed my eyes shut.

"I'm pregnant."

I opened my eyes to look at my frozen mate. His eyes were wide and his lips were parted. I shrunk into myself as tears rolled down my face.

"I-if you don't want me anymore th-that's fine-" I was cut off with a tight embrace. My mate's head fit snuggly against my neck as his burly arms wrapped themselves around me. When he rose up from my neck his eyes dazzled as his pupils were dilated with love. My face softened as we connected our foreheads.

"Are you sure?" he asked. "I don't want to get my hopes up."
I smiled and nodded before my face fell again and I pulled back.

"Yes, I'm pregnant, but. Because of what I've been through, it might be risky, for me and the baby," I solemnly declared. Russia's happy expression slipped from his appearance for a second before putting a smile back on his face and pulled me closer to him.
"You'll be fine. You're strong. I can only pray that our child will inherit your beauty, grace, and strength," Russia's smooth voice floated through the air. I smiled at the large fluff ball and placed a light kiss to his lips. The large man held me closer and his hand wandered to my hair whilst deepening the kiss. I promptly stopped it from escalating and my mate opened his mouth to speak.

The opening of the front door interrupted him from the beginning. Through the doorway, Kazakhstan stood awkwardly.
"So sorry. I forgot-" his eldest brother cut him off.
"Fuck off!" he yelled at the young man.
Kaza yelped and rushed out the door. Rus sighed before smiling at me.

"What are some names that you like?" he asked with a golden retriever temperament.
"My God, I love you."

_________

Ight. I'm gonna do a Q&A thing, so please ask some questions you have about the book in the comments (preferably on this part, but idc). Feel free to ask about a character's past, the plot, relationships, etc.
I'll answer them to the best of my ability (I'll relpy directly to the comment, so I won't do a whole Q&A chapter)

Enjoy the fluff while you can ;)