The Camp

I placed "Stars" on a recovery bed.
My pack tries to help the wounded and welcomes lost explorers. So we made our own medical supplies. And since our camp and base are in the middle of vast woods, we don't have any other choice. Most are afraid of my large and bulky appearance, so they don't stay long. There are a few that joined my pack for safety, like France, Estonia, Germany, and Poland. Other packs tend to stay away from me and my pack members out of fear of what might happen if they get close.
It's pretty wise of them.
My pack right now consists of me, Ukraine, my brother, Belarus, my sister, Kazakhstan, my other brother, Germany, Poland, Finland, Estonia, Canada, and France.
Most of the injured we healed escaped from a "research" facility where they conducted cruel experiments on countries. They tore off Poland's wings to see if he could still turn into a white-tailed eagle after.
And they also talk a lot about a "safe haven" where everyone of every kind lived together peacefully.
I wondered if Stars came from one of those facilities. It would explain all of the miscellaneous scars covering his body- not like it's a bad thing. He still looks like an attractive guy without a doubt. Scars mean you've survived something and lived another day to tell the tale of how they got them. I see scars as beautiful that way.

I should go back and try to salvage that cougar hide to make some clothes out of it.
I sighed and looked down at Stars.
It felt wrong to leave him alone.
What if he wakes up in a strange place and he runs away? What if someone tries to kidnap him and bring him to one of those facilities?
I haven't felt this
protective towards a complete stranger before.
Was it because I found him practically dead, and now he has a chance of a full recovery? Is it because he's strong enough to slay a cougar single-handed? Is it that he'd likely be a good hunter for the pack if he stays?
I don't know.
I sighed, getting up.
I went into the small kitchen and put a kettle halfway filled with water on the hot stove.
I poured myself a cup of hot herbal tea. I miss coffee and black tea, but we can't grow stuff like that here. I walked back into the room Stars was kept in and sat back down.
I nursed on the hot drink I made. I looked back at the young male in-between sips of the hit tea.
My eyelids felt heavy.
I sigh.
Should've put some vodka in this.

Ukraine POV
★°•°★°•°★

I walked through the door to check on the healing young male.
I didn't prepare myself to see the great, powerful, and feared Alpha of the North, sleeping soundly on a chair next to the bed.
I smiled to myself slightly.
I always knew that Russia had a soft spot somewhere under that cold demeanor. As kids, he would mother and protect all of his siblings, since our father was too busy expanding our territory and making a name for himself, and our mother died during childbirth, so Russia had to grow up quickly and raise his younger siblings. He didn't have much of a "childhood," but he was nice and patient.

But that's the past. He has gotten cold and distant ever since father died.
Now how did he end up asleep close to a complete stranger?
I mean Russia was in a chair 2 feet away and the other person was unconscious in a bed for hours.
He could've just fallen asleep.
Nope, rule that out. There was a teacup on the night table. Could've Belarus brought the tea to him? No, I was with her most of the day. This means Russia put the hurt country on the bed, pulled the covers over him and got up to make tea, and sat back down and fell asleep, probably not on purpose.
I should become a detective. I'm that good.

I'm Russia's right-hand man, so if he is away, I'm in charge of the pack. Or if he passes away I become the new alpha.
We still need food, since the only thing Russia came back with on his hunting trip was a dying young boy.

I walked out of the healing house. I guess I should announce that we've taken in a wounded country to the rest of the pack, so they aren't surprised when they see a scared up red, white, and blue country walk out of the door.

I rang the bell that signaled a pack meeting. One by one everyone, except Russia, came to the fire pit.
Finland looked around.
"Where's Russia?"

"I'll explain in a minute. I called you here today because we've taken in a wounded country. He has a chance of a full recovery, but at this moment he is still unconscious and Russia is looking after him. Any questions?"

"Where did he come from?" France said as she crossed her arms.

"We aren't sure because we haven't been able to speak to him, but it's likely he escaped from a facility."

France and Canada glanced at each other.

"What does he look like?" Canada asked.

"Uh. He has 13 red and white stripes and a square of blue with stars on the right side of his face-"

Canada and France bolted to the healing house. I went after them to make sure they didn't have a feud they wanted to end with the wounded unnamed country.
When they ran into his room Russia jolted awake.

Canada froze and put his hands over his mouth as he glanced at the healing striped young man.

France walked up to the boy's face and cupped the nation's face gently with her soft hands. Tears filled her eyes.

"...America?"