Chapter 57. The video part 2.

Elisabeth's POV:

I looked at Glacier who was smiling sweetly. The oldest Baker kid sighed as her head turned to me.

"Do you want to be part of it?" She asked. "I didn't even ask you."

I pulled her to me. "Well, aren't I part of your family now?"

Glacier nodded. "But I didn't want to force you."

"Fair point," I said. "But of course I want to do it, Glace."

Glacier leant on me. I looked at her and noticed something strange. Her left eye was not closing. But her right eye moved. I never noticed that.

"We're back," came Lily's voice.

The door opened and she, Bruno and Kate came in. Button tried to get in, too!

"Poor dog," I said standing up. "Come, Button."

Button came trotting up to me, her tail wagging. I sat down back with Glacier as the others came to sit with us. But Button wouldn't sit down. She managed to climb the ladder to my bed and settled up there.

"Silly dog," said Bruno pointing up to her. "She may fall."

"No she won't, buddy," I said putting my arm around him. "She's safe up there."

Bruno got my hand and held it. He was so sweet. I wished I had him as a birth brother. But I guess a future brother in law wouldn't hurt.

"Want to sit on my lap?" I asked him.

Bruno nodded. Then he climbed into my lap and stared at his sisters. I put my arms around him and smiled. "So, what's the plan?"

Glacier looked at the direction of Kate and Lily. "We need ideas."

"Dad's downstairs at the moment," said Lily. "So we can't do the usual piano things, Glacier."

"We don't have to do that this year, though," said Glacier. "We need to change things anyway."

"Like what?" Kate was confused.

"Well," said Glacier. "With things looking upwards for us, we need to do something for Dad and Arianna."

"But what about other people, too?" Bruno bravely asked.

"I'm helping," I said to him. "Glacie thinks I should."

"Me too!" Bruno snuggled into me.

I smiled. "I love you all."

they all came and hugged me. Glacier smiled at me. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Both of you are so cute," said Kate to us.

"Watch it," said Glacier. "You might find your person at school."

"Doubt it," said Kate looking sad.

"Belle rang me yesterday," said Lily.

"Er ... Belle?" I felt a bit confused.

"Anna, love!" Glacier had noticed the question. "Lily knows her as Belle. But she answers to both."

"That makes a lot of sense," I said. "Are you in love with her, Lily?"

The ten-year-old girl nodded. "We kind of met through Glacier. I hope she's okay. Her dad has done more damage. Not just to her. But she killed her dog."

"He did what?" Glacier looked upset. "No. They can't lose Kinsey. She's my favourite daft dog."

Button whimpered at that. We all laughed.

"Fine," said Glacier. "One of the daft dogs."

Bruno got a bit restless. I gently held him. "What's wrong, Buddy?"

"Want food," said Bruno.

"I'm sure that your daddy will be cooking dinner," I said gently.

"I do have a chocolate bar somewhere," said Glacier. "In my backpack."

"Okay," said Lily getting up.

I watched as she went to Glacier's bag. I felt so happy that I was part of the Baker family. But not properly yet.

***

A/N:

Here is chapter 57.

Hope you liked it. Sorry for the delay.