Chapter 104: Meeting the Puppy and the summer proper beginns!

Alaska's POV:

It was two days later. Glacier, Elsa and Winter joined me and Scarlet in Auntie Maria's new place. I was showing the three girls around.

"So, this is Scarlet's room," I said opening her door.

A little fluffball came running up to me and I scooped Shelby into my arms.

"Well, I mean Shelby and Scarlet's room," I corrected myself.

Scarlet giggled. "She was looking forward to you girls coming!"

Shelby tried to get out my arms.

"Oh, okay," I said to the dog. "Down we go!"

I lowered the Husky pup onto the ground.

"Where will you go first, girl?" Scarlet asked.

Shelby sniffed the air and ran over to Elsa who knelt beside her.

"Aww," she said. "Hello, girl! Coming for a cuddle?"

The pup crawled into her lap and settled there.

I'll take that as a yes!" Elsa smiled.

We all giggled as Shelby barked a cute bark.

"Guessing Shelby likes you, Elsa!" Glacier giggled, kneeling beside them.

Elsa guided her hand to Shelby's head. The dog wagged her tail and let Glacier give her pets.

"She likes you, too!" Elsa told her.

"She is so adorible," said Winter. "I'm guessing you adopted her when you went out that day, Scar!"

Scarlet sighed and nodded.

"Let's not upset her," said Glacier.

I walked over to Scarlet and hugged her. Winter stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," said Winter.

"You weren't there for me last week," Scarlet sniffled. "You fucked off home with David!"

"Woe, girls!" I said. "Do I need to get Auntie Maria?"

"But I wasn't," admitted Winter. "I did go home."

"Are you jealous of me being friends with Wolfie?" Scarlet asked. "You seem to be!"

"No," said Winter.

Shelby started whimpering. Elsa held her to her.

"Shush-shush, girl!" She soothed.

Winter looked at the four of us.

"I'm going to ask if I can be in Sparkle house with you girls next year!" She sighed. "I felt alone in Dogstar!"

"I reckon if you ask Arianna," said Glacier. "She'll talk to the head of care and they will sort it out!"

"Hopefully!" Winter sighed.

"Girls!" Came Auntie Maria's voice from downstairs. "Dinner!"

Elsa gently lifted Shelby off her lap and got up, helping Glacier to her feet.

"Okay," I called down. "Coming!"

Scarlet walked and picked Shelby up and put her in her crate. "I'll bring you up some tipbits!" She told her companion.

Shelby settled in her crate and went to sleep. Then we walked out.
***

Glacier's POV:

The two weeks we spent with Auntie Maria, Alaska and Scarlet were very eventful. We would walk Shelby round the garden with Button who would be dropped off to teach Shelby about how dogs play. Auntie Maria took us all to the beach and places like that.

One day, Elsa and I were walking back to the house with Button. The dog was happy!

"This has been the most craziest year of my life!" Elsa told me as we walked up the path to the garden gate. "Like not as Crazy as when I went to Ottershead Orphanage. But it is almost there!"

"How does it differ?" I asked her, smiling.

"Well, the start of the year, we both ended up in hospital," said Elsa. "Then certain people escaped from prison and came to the school! Then I found out about my epilepsy."

"I get you," I said. "It's been a long rollercoster ride. But I enjoyed it!"

"It's not stopping, yet!" Elsa  said. "Remember, we go back in four weeks!"

"I know," I said. "I have a bad feeling about this one, though!"

"What do you mean?" Elsa asked.

I had a long thought.

"Not sure," I admitted after a while. "I just have a gut feeling something will go very wrong!"

"Don't think about that at the moment," said Elsa as we walked through the gate. "Just enjoy the summer!"

I shrugged. I knew she was right!

"You are the best thing that happened to me," I said. "Through my fifteen years I never felt as happy as I did when I first met you."

"Aww," said Elsa. "Same!"

we hugged, making sure button didn't get tangled. Then  we kissed.

"I love you, Glacier Freya Baker!" Whispered Elsa.

"I love you, too, Elisabeth Lillian Harrison!" I whispered back.

—————————

A/N:

Here is chapter 104 of Mill Brook Book 1. I hoped you enjoyed it!

As I said before, Book 2 won't start until April 1ST. But this isn't  officially the last Author's note!

Look out for that in a few moments!

Wolfie Out!