Chapter 1. Arriving..

Glacier's POV:

I felt for the car door handle. My fingers found the cold metal of it and pulled. I felt so excited because today, I was starting my new school. I had already been in four schools. But each, I got expelled.

"Glacier," said my sister lily. "Do you need help?"

I turned towards her voice and smiled. "Oh, lily. I'll be fine."

I managed to climb out the car with my bag which had my phone, victor reader which is like a MP3 player that can do a lot more than just music and my headphones. Lily climbed out after me. "Glacier, your cane."

I felt her give it to me.

"I'll miss you, Glacie!" Lily squeezed my hand.

I could tell that she was about to cry. I put my free arm round her and sighed. "I will miss you too, Lils. But it won't be long until I come home for the weekend. It's in two weeks."

There was only four years between me and Lily. Our youngest sister, Kate was seven years younger than I was. I was fourteen and in my fifth school. Lily was ten, Kate was seven and our young brother, Bruno was two. I hated leaving the three of them. But Mill Brook where my school was located was a two hour journey from Inkwell. I sighed and let my sister go.

"Are we ready, then?" My dad came up to us.

"Yes," I said.

Dad put out his arm for me to take his elbow. Then he lead me away from Lily.

Dad noticed that I was quiet.

"Are you okay, Glacier?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I said. "Just trying to listen for that fountain."

I remembered when I came to the school in June that people described the school. It was a big building with three floors. One corridor was dedicated to Music and english while others were for maths, independent living skills, drama, art and humanities. I tried to map it out in my head. But it was confusing.

But the best part of the school was the library because there was a lot of braille books.  I remembered that the students that were in the college studied in there while all the lower years went in to their tutor rooms. I felt a bit odd, because I was held back a year. I should of been in year ten. But I missed a whole year of school because of a coma. I don't remember much of that year. Probably because I was asleep.

Then the outside was huge. Like there was a field where the sports was based. Then the football pitch, which I avoided. But the best thing that I liked was a swing which was outside the lower school houses. They were called Dogstar, Sparkle and darkwood. I so hoped I would be put in to Sparkle. The care staff George, Arianna and Clorrissa were nice. Well George and Arianna were. But Clorrissa gave me the chills.

My phone buzzed suddenly. Voiceover started going crazy as a text came through. I put my headphone on and listened.

Elisabeth: Hi, Glacier. I'm already here. I hope you come soon. I think you are sharing with me. X
I smiled. Me and Elisabeth met in early May at a family day at the school. I so hoped that we were sharing. I remember she described herself so I could picture her in my mind. A blond girl with pale blue eyes that wore glasses and had a lot of whip marks. I had whip marks and other scars. My hair was strawberry blond and my artifical eyes were bright blue. Apparently, that was my real eye colour. So we kept that. Elisabeth was taller than me. But she was a year younger. So thirteen.

"Who was that, darling?" Dad hugged me and ruffled my strawberry blond hair.

"Elsa, dad!" I said. "She is hoping I'm sharing with her."

"I do, too," said dad. "You and Elsa get along so well."

I had my fingers crossed. I so hoped me and Elisabeth were sharing.

***

A/N:

Here is chapter 1. I hope you liked it.

I am going to do it in Elisabeth's point of view next chapter. So look out for that one tomorrow.