Chapter 51: Christmas shopping part 2

Elisabeth's POV:

When we got to KFC, Glacier got excited. I couldn't stop giggling internally. She was so cute!

"What do you girls want then?" Asked Luna. "Glacier? Your usual?"

Glacier nodded. "With sweetcorn, please!"

"Sure," said Luna. "What about you, Els?"

I looked at the menu. There was a lot to choose from. "Just popcorn Chicken, please!" I finally decided.

"Are you sure?" Asked Glacier. "It's not that much."

"Not feeling that hungry," I admitted. "More thirsty."

"Els," said Glacier. "You hardly ate last night. Are you okay?"

"It's nothing," I said.

"She's allowed Popcorn Chicken." Luna had ordered our meals already.  "Take Glacier to the table there," she pointed to a table in the corner. "I'll join you."

I nodded and lead her to the table, putting her hand on the back. Glacier sat down and I sat beside her. I looked at the table and felt upset. Glacier had sensed me and put her arm around me. "What's wrong?"

"Not here," I said. "Not the right place."

"You seem bothered about something," said Glacier. "What happened? Can't I help?"

"I haven't had KFC since my dad was alive," I admitted. "All my other friends didn't like it. I ... I can't have much food here because it reminds me of it."

"I understand," said Glacier hugging me properly. "I did wonder if coming here was a good idea."

"Glace," I said. "I love KFC. I just feel that dad should be with us."

"He is with you," said my girlfriend. "But in spirit. My Uncle Romeo got killed by Mum which pissed Auntie Maria off. It was the same time she had to take Wolfie away from me."

"So you had an uncle Romeo?" I asked.

Glacier nodded. "He would do things with me, Lily and Wolfie all the time. Often at the times, Dad was in comas because of Mum abusing him because of who he is."

"A Spanish person?" I stared at her. "I think she's a bitch. I'm so glad she's behind bars."

"Me, too!" Glacier said.

She smiled suddenly. "Do you sometimes notice that Dad and Arianna talk all the time?"

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Like flirting?"

Glacier nodded. "I couldn't help but notice that  they always talk."

"When he took me home," I said. "They did kiss."

"What?" Glacier asked. "Like proper kiss?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Aww," said Glacier. "I hope she can be my stepmother. She's nicer than my real mother."

"I know," I said. "I reckon they will."

"She looks after winter," said Luna who had walked up with the tray. "In the holidays, I mean."

"Do you notice Arianna and dad flirting, Luna?" Asked Glacier.

"Definitely," said Luna. "I do hope she becomes your mother figure, Glacier. She cares a lot more than Emily did."

"I called her mum once," said Glacier. "Remember, Els?"

"Yeah," I said. "That was a bad night for you."

"Here is your food, anyway," said Luna putting the boxes in front of us.

Glacier smiled. But she didn't touch it. She looked at me. "Half mine, if you want.

"It's your dinner," I said. "I can't do..."

"Yes you can," said Glacier giving me a chicken strip and halfing another one. "There. We are equal."

"Oh, thanks, honey!" I hugged her and started eating.

It felt good to share food with Glacier. Her kind-heartedness was what I needed in life.  I was lucky to have her in my life.

***

A/N:

Here is chapter 51. I know I didn't go with the title. But the Christmas Shopping will be for the next few chapters. If you get it!