Chapter 39: coming back to school!

Elisabeth's POV:

It was two weeks later. I healed quicker than the nurse and doctor predicted. David was driving me back to school. Glacier was in the car with me.

"I think everyone will be happy to see you, Baby," she said. "Well, Vicles and the boys might not. But our little gang."

I pulled her to me. "I missed every one of our little gang," I admitted. "But the one I missed more ... well, ... um."

Glacier giggled.

"oh, Elsa," she giggled. "I missed you too!"

David smiled at the two of us. "You both saw each other every evening."

"But not all day," said Glacier.

"I missed a lot of classes," I sighed.

"We aren't really starting things until you come back," said Glacier. "It's the weekend at the moment remember?"

I looked at her. "Okay,"

David turned and entered the grounds. I looked at our school, feeling at peace. At least they expelled Freya and arrested Clorrissa and Emily. Two people were waiting as we drove up behind Sparkle house.

"You're back?" Scarlet ran to the car as soon as we stopped. "Luna! Elsa's back."

I got out of the car and smiled at Luna and Scarlet. "So you finally got to see each other after ... what? ... eleven years?"

"Ten," said Luna. "Ten, Elsa. I was in that orphanage a month before you came in."

"Ah, yeah," I said. "Did Button settle in?"

"Come and see," said Luna.

Glacier and David followed us. Barking could be heard.

"Button is adorable," said Scarlet. "She is the best dog for us."

"It was Glacier's idea," I said.

"What?" Asked Glacier.

"You suggested Button to be the emotional support dog," I said. "Remember?"

"Ah, yeah," said Glacier.

The barking got louder.

"Elsa," came Arianna's voice.

The door opened and Button charged at me. I put my arms out and thee dog leapt up and licked my face. Arianna came out and hugged me.

"Welcome home, Elsa."

"Thank you," I said. "Hi, girl. Missed me?"

Button barked. I giggled.

"Everyone missed you, Els," said Scarlet. "Even Zelda and Oliver asked about you."

"What about Midnight and Biscuit?" I asked, biting my lip. "And Mrs Vicles?"

"Everyone except them," said Luna.

"Come in," said Arianna. "Hot chocolate is on the way."

We all walked in. I felt happy to be back. I put the dog on the floor and she scampered to a basket in the corner of the room. I sat down and smiled at Luna and Scarlet. Glacier sat beside me. David hugged me.

"I better go home now," he said. "I haven't seen the other kids for a month. They'll be wondering where I am."

"Okay," we said. "Bye,"

"By girls," David walked out the room.

When he completely left, Glacier sighed. "I feel odd, seeing him every day and night. Now I have to be used to only seeing him eight times a year."

"We will," I pointed out.

"I forgot about that." Glacier looked embarrassed

We all started laughing. Poor Glacier! She was not forgetful. Something must be on her mind.

***

A/N:

Here is chapter 39.

How was it?