Chapter 90. The end of Alaska's stay

Scarlet's POV:

It was Alaska's last day at Mill Brook. I could tell that Glacier was looking a bit sad. I don't really blame her. Her twin had to go back to Spain again. Until David and Arianna's wedding.

Alaska sat beside me and Winter in the cafeteria. She did look sad. I put my fork down on my tray and turned to her. She was wearing her friendship bracelet that Midnight gave to her. Midnight was beside Elsa, looking a bit relaxed. Biscuit got sent hom yesterday.

"You girls are more fun," he said.

"Aw, thank you," said Alaska. "Shame I have to go tomorrow. But I'll be back!"

"For Real?" Glacier sounded hopeful. "You are thinking of staying here, Wolfie?"

"Yes," said Alaska. "I had a better time here. Plus I made more friends."

"Friend us on Facebook," said Winter.

"Of course," said Alaska with a smile.

"We should set up a group-chat, maybe," I suggested. "Like us six, plus Annabelle and Raven."

"I'm not sure Raven has Facebookk, yet!" Elsa sighed. "I'll ask Kyla tonight."

"Still messaging her?" Glacier looked confused.

"Only if Raven wants to talk," said Elsa with a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Midnight stared at her. "Don't you want your food?"

I looked over at Elsa's plate. She hardly touched her salad and sandwich. "Come on, Els? Eat up?"

"I'll talk to her later," said Glacier. "Something happened during her singing lesson today that made her feel a bit  ... er ... not hungry."

"Did you have a panic attack?" Alaska sounded concerned. "You don't usually do that!"

Elsa shook her head, making her braided blond hair swish like a cat's tail. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay," I said. "As long as you are okay."

"Try and eat a bit, though, Darling," said Glacier. "I know you tell me the same."

"Not hungry," said Elsa.

"Please?" Glacier pleaded. "It will make you feel better."

Elsa picked up her sandwich and started nibbling it. I could tell that something was wrong, though. Like she was not there with us.

***

Later, I was in our tutor room, looking for my phone. I had somehow lost it. Alaska was in dog form, sniffing round. Midnight and Winter were with us. But Glisabeth wasn't with us. They went back to Sparkle house already. Elsa threw up after lunch during our art class so was sent to Mr Black's office. Glacier left with her.

"Found it, yet, Wolfie?" I asked as the dog walked round the classroom, nose to the ground.

I was holding her bag which had her clothes and books in it. Alaska whimpered and pawed at something.

"Yes, she's found it," said Winter walking over.

Alaska gently picked my phone up in her jaws and carried it to me. It was only then I noticed that her left eye was drooping a bit.

"Thank you," I said, petting her on the head.

Then we set off back to the house, dropping Winter off at Dogstar house.

****

I knocked gently on the girl's door, Alaska stood there in a pretty frock with pawprints on it. We waited for the reply.

"Come in," came Glacier's weak voice.

What's wrong with Glacier? I walked in. Glacier was on her bed, alone. Elsa wasn't there. Glacier looked very scared.

"What happened?" Alaska ran to her sister. "Is Els okay?"

Glacier shook her head. "It was awful."

I joined the sisters and hugged Glacier. "You don't have to tell us, Glacie."

"Elsa fainted in Mr Black's office." Glacier was shaking. "It was awful. Mr Black couldn't revive her. Dad had to come and take her back home to Inkwell."

"Oh, Glacie," I said as the brave girl started to cry. "It's okay. I'm sure Elsa will pull through."

Glacier's phone rang out that moment.

"It's dad," said Alaska.

Glacier picked it up and answered. "Hello?"

"Don't want to scare you, darling," came David's voice, sounding a bit scared. "But she's not awake still."

"What? No!" Glacier looked so panicked at that moment. "She's not dead, right? She's still alive, Daddy?"

I hugged her as she suddenly started rocking.

"Glacier Freya Baker!" Came David's voice. "Calm down."

"How can I when my Girlfriend could die?" Glacier sounded angry. "I don't even know what happened, Daddy."

"Maybe it's best I bring you home tomorrow, darling," came David's voice. "You aren't okay to stay this weekend."

"I want to come home now, Daddy!" Glacier was very broken at that moment. "Please, pick me up."

I've never seen Glacier so broken before. It really hurt me to see her like she was at that moment of time.

"Glacier," said David calmly. "I know you are feeling angry. But please, do one more day at school. Maybe it'll put your mind off things. Plus Wolfie's there tomorrow. Do it for me and Elsa? I'll let you know if she wakes up. I promise!"

But Glacier was so upset she didn't respond. I chose to pick the phone up from her.

"Hey, David!" I said.

"Hey, Scarlet, darling!" David sounded very serious now. "Make sure Glacier doesn't do anything, tonight."

I stared at my best friend. "Of course I won't, David! I'll make sure we go for a walk with Button and Arianna later. It's George and Arianna on tonight. So I'll ask them."

"Thank you, Scarlet!" David sounded relieved. "I'm sure Elsa will pull through this. Although it's not happened before to her. I'm not sure what could of triggered it."

"Not sure," I said. "She was acting strange at lunch."

Alaska took Glacier and hugged her twin. She was singing a song to her. David sighed on the other end. "I'll ring Arianna to warn her about Glacier's mood tonight!"

"I think she already knows," I said. "It was her that told me and Alaska to go and check."

"Ah, good!" David sounded relieved. "Well, I better let you girls go. And tell Glacier that Elsa's in great care now."

"Okay," I said. "See you tomorrow, David!"

Then we hung up. Glacier didn't even take her phone back. What was I meant to do?

——————

A/n:

Damn, poor Glisabeth. But more Glacier at the moment.

Sorry that this chapter was sad. I promise Elisabeth will come round. Then we will find what happened.

For now, though! Sorry if this was triggering.

Wolfie Out