Chapter 49: Trying to comfort Elisabeth

Scarlet's POV:

Watching one of my best friends breaking to pieces like this really tore at my heart. Elsa was one of those people that hid her feelings, usually. But today, this was not the Elsa we knew.

I looked at Winter who looked as worried. She looked close to tears, watching Elsa.

"We need to cheer her up, Scar," she whispered.

I nodded. "But how?"

"Elsa," said Winter gently. "We know that you want nothing but to go home. But you need more support. You need us."

Elsa looked up, her face was so tearstained and bruised that she did look a mess.

"Vicles is a bitch," I said putting my arm round her. "Me and Winter have lost friends because of her. We don't want anymore people gone."

Winter took Elsa's glasses. "You look ter..."

"Winter," I hissed. "Not right now. Elsa needs nice words."

"I know I look terrible," whispered Elsa. "I'll put make up on."

"Elsa," I said. "Stop that. Make up won't change a thing. If anything, it makes things worse."

"But I am ugly." Elsa looked at us with very swollen eyes.

Her phone rang out again. I held her hand gently, squeezing it.

"Hello?" Sniffled the heart broken girl.

"She's not responding, yet," came David's voice. "But don't loose hope, sweetie."

"I'm not, David," sniffled Elsa. "But I miss her."

"I know," said David. "But until she comes round, we don't know what will happen to her."

I saw Elsa going even more pale. I turned to Winter and we shared a look.

"We need to ask for permission to take her out for a long walk with Button," I mouthed.

"I'll go and ask Arianna," said Winter quietly. "Be right back."

She got up and walked away.. I hugged Elsa as she continued to talk to David. She was rocking and trying so hard not to cry again.

After she hanged up, She looked so unhappy that it made tears roll down my own face. We hugged one another, looking at each other.

"You don't have to cry, Scar," sniffled Elsa.

"I can't help it," I sniffled. "I hate seeing someone upset."

"At least someone cares," sniffled Elsa.

Scratching was heard at the door.

"Looks like we have a furry visitor," I sniffled. "Hang on."

Elsa let go and I got up. I walked over to the door and opened it. Button barked and trotted in.

"Hi, girl," sniffled Elsa.

Button bounded onto Elsa's bed. I saw a difference in her as the dog nuzzled her. I rejoined them and got a lick from the very cute dog.

"I'm so glad the hospital let us keep her here." I petted her on the head. "Oh, again?" Button licked me again.

We both giggled. Having a dog around did help.

***

A/N:

Here is chapter 49. There will be a big time skip to their christmas part of the term. I don't want to go one with the hospital business because I don't like them.

Hope you'll understand.