Chapter 48: the truth hurts!

Elisabeth's POV:

I fled from the building as soon as the end of school bell rang out. I needed to ring David to get it all off my chest. Tears were rolling down my already tearstained cheeks as I ran. I had both my bag and Glacier's.

"Elsa?" Came a worried voice.

A gentle hand came on my shoulder. Then a pair of arms rapped round me. It was Winter and Scarlet.

"What's going on?" Winter asked gently.

"Is it to do what happened this morning?" Guessed Scarlet.

I nodded. Then in a choking voice, I said, "she's poisoned."

"No no no." Both girls looked terrified on my behalf.

"Will you bitches move?" Came an angry voice.

"Be patient for once, Biscuit," yelled Scarlet.

"Come on," said Winter calmly. "I'll escort you both to Sparkle."

She held my hand gently and helped carry Glacier's things. I was so grateful.

Once in my room, I lay down on my bed. Scarlet and Winter sat down and hugged me.

"I hope she'll be better soon," said Scarlet. "Glacier can fight this for sure. She survived cancer after all."

"Yeah," said Winter. "I'm sure she'll be okay, Honey."

"It's my fault." I buried my head into my pillow. "It's all my fault."

"Oh, come on, Els," said Scarlet gently. "You didn't know what Vicles's true intentions were."

"It hurts," I sobbed. "It fucking hurts me. All the people I love get hurt."

"That doesn't mean it's your fault," said Scarlet. "You didn't poison her. You didn't kill that person on purpose. I'm angry at Luna for reminding you of that by the way."

I smiled a bit. "At least some people care. But I miss her."

"I'm sure Glacier misses you, too!" Winter said gently. "Me and Scarlet got in so much trouble last year. One of us got hurt by Biscuit and got taken to hospital."

Scarlet blushed. "Me. I was the one that got hurt."

"I gathered," I sniffled. "What did he do?"

"Spiked my water with some sort of drug. I don't know what," said Scarlet.

"Wow," I sniffled. "What a bastard."

My phone rang out. Scarlet and Winter quietly went to Glacier's bed as I answered. "Hello?"

"Are you okay, Elsa Honey?" David asked.

I wanted to say I was fine. But I couldn't. "No, i'm not."

"I was so shocked when Arianna rang me," said David. "I'm on my way to the hospital right now."

"I want to go home." I found my voice cracking again. "I can't do it."

"Oh, sweetie," said David. "You have already missed a month of school."

"But I don't want to be here." I wailed. "My fucking life is going wrong."

"I know you are angry," said David. "But it's almost half term. You will be coming home in a few days. Hang on and stick with Winter and Scarlet. And if Glacier wants visitors, I'll make sure you can go and visit her. Okay?"

"Fine," I sobbed. "But I can't cope, David. I really can't. Knowing Glacier is poisoned and might not be okay."

"I know," said David. "But I'm sure things will go okay."

I sniffled into the phone. "I miss her, David. It hurts me."

"I don't blame you, honey," said David. "But try to hang on."

"Okay," I sobbed. "Thanks, David."

"You're welcome," said David. "You sound so tired, honey. Go and have a nap."

"Don't know," I sniffled. "After dinner maybe."

"That's good," said David. "Just relax. I'll call if she's up."

"Okay," I sniffled. "Bye, David."

"Bye," said David.

Then we hanged up. Scarlet and Winter came over and hugged me.

***

A/N:

Here is chapter 48. I hoped you liked it.