Chapter 76. The Big Question.

David's POV:

I felt proud of Glacier. She had finally lashed out at Emily and Diana bringing them both down. Probably covered in dog bites. It did take her a long time!

It was just after everyone returned back to Sparkle House.Luna, Sccarlet, Arianna and I were in the lounge. Button was curled up in the corner, staring at us all. Luna was looking at her little sister who was sat beside me. I would do anything for the Cookson's. Their parents were great friends with me and Arianna. I knew that their dad was still alive. But like Elisabeth, they lost a parent.

"Are you okay, now, Scarlet, Honey?" I held the youngest Cookson gently.

Luna looked hopeful. "I was so worried earlier, Scar. You scared me."

"What happened?" Scarlet looked comfused. "All I know was one minute, I was facing the demons with Button, then I was on the floor."

"It's over," said Arianna. "Emily and Diana are back where they belong."

"Thank goodness." Luna stretched.

"I hope they got taught a lesson," said Scarlet. "Button tried to protect me."

"In fact," said Luna. "That dog is wonderful."

"Button!" I called gently. "Come here, girl!"

Button caame trotting to us. She looked up at me. Her pink tongue hanging out with a silly smile. I reached out and tickled her under the chin. "You did good, girl!"

"She looks pleased with herself," said Scarlet, petting the Husky cross. "Was she part of their downfall?"

I nodded. "She and Glacier were!"

"Where was Elsa?" Scarlet rubbed Button's ears.

"She got upset, Darling!" Arianna said. "Understandable, really!"

"I guess that was the last straw for our Glacier," said Scarlet with a smirk. "That temper did come into use! I could tell that something was up with her during the day!""

Button started barking.

"Like that, girl?" Scarlet smiled at the pooch.

Button wagged her tail and gave a howl with delight. It sounded like she was talking to us in her dog like way.

"Aww," said Scarlet. "We all love you, too, Girl!"

Her stomach started rumbling. "Elsa, Glacier and I didn't have anything to eat! Or Button!"

"Go to the girls and tell them that dinner will be served in half an hour, Scar!" Luna stood up and walked  to the kitchen. "You all need it!"

Scarlet nodded. "Come, Button. Let's go!"

The dog helped her up and they walked out. I noticed that Scarlet had a slight limp.

***

Scarlet's POV:

I held onto Button's collar as the dog trotted to the girls room. I felt so hungry and a bit of pain. But I didn't let that bother me.

I knocked gently on the door. Button put a paw on the door and pawed at it, whining.

"Come in," came Glacier's voice.

I opened the door and button bounded in. I walked in after her. "Hey you two."

"Scarlet," said Glacier smiling. "You are okay then?"

"As okay as I can be, surviving that bullet."

"You look in pain," said Elsa looking worried.

"Let me see," came a voice from her phone.

"Hang on, Wolfie!" Said Elsa standing up.

"Button, girl!" Glacier was giggling as the dog got to her nd nuzzled her.

Elsa came to me and helped me over. "Is it your leg? You seem to be limping!"

"Don't know," I said honestly.

"You do look like you did something to your leg," said Glacier's twin. "Maybe when you all ran to hide."

"Yeah," I said. "Maybe."

"I better go, now!" Said Alaska. "Remember that I'm an hour ahead! It's about 9pm here. I need some sleep."

"See you, Wolfie," said Glacier.

"Night," said Elsa.

"Night, everyone," said Alaska. "I hope your leg is okay, Scarlet."

"Me, too!" I started to wince.

"Aww." Alaska said. "Bye!"

Then she hung up. Elsa lead me to her bed. "Are we getting dinner? Me and Glacier are hungry."

"Dinner will be done, soon," I said. "Luna's cooking it."

Glacier put an arm round me. She looked very concerned. "They hurt you, Scar. Didn't they?"

"I think so," I said, blinking tears.

Button tried her best to join us.

"That dog is smart." Elsa giggled kneeling beside her. "Saved us. Emily could of shot you, Glacier!"

"Your mother was close to choking me," said Glacier. "But I didn't let her."

"Your dad told me about how it happened," I said. "Very brave!"

"You were, too, Scar!" Elsa got up and hugged me gently. "You buyed me and Glacier some time!"

She came beside me and both girls hugged me. "Go on, Scar," they said. "It's okay to cry."

"Trust me," said Glacier gently. "Crying will make it better. Don't hold the pain in."

"I ... I ... It hurts!" I whimpered as the pain shot through me. "It fucking hurts!"

Elsa took me gently in her arms and turned to Glacier. "Go and get your dad, Babe. I'll look after Scar."

Glacier got up and Button helped her to the door. "Be right back!"

"Okay," said Elsa gently rubbing circles into my back.

Glacier walked out with Button and let the door close behind her. Then the rapid clicking of Button's claws ran down the corridor.

——————————

A/N:

Here is chapter 76. Sorry it's not been updated in a long time! I was abroad for a month.

Hopefully the next chapter won't take that long.

See you next time!