Chapter 2. Seeing Glacier Again.

Elsa's POV:

I walked in to the school library where we were all meant to be introduced. I held my foster carer's hand, feeling nervous. I looked round and shuddered as I saw one familiar face in the crowd.

"Are you okay, Elsa darling?" Kyla put an arm round me. "You don't look it."

"Freya Johnson's here, Kyla." I pointed to the dark haired girl.

"Just ignore her if you can," said Kyla remembering one time Freya and I had a big fight. "Plus it has been five years since you both were in the same school."

"What if she gets me expelled again?" I felt tears in my eyes.

"Well then you can see if you can get her expelled instead." Kyla took off my glasses for a second.

I blinked trying to get the room in focus. But my vision was so bad without my glasses that everything looked blurred.

"How's Glacier?" Kyla asked, giving me back my glasses. "Is she okay?"

I looked at her. "Emily is still treating her how mum treated me," I sighed.

I had texted Glacier since we met in May. I remembered that day so well. Glacier was frightened of her mother and my own mother. I remembered that Emily dragged Glacier in one of the bathrooms and had really attacked her. My mother had seen what damage Emily did to Glacier. After that, she decided to finally back off from me. After thirteen years, may I point out.

The head teacher, Mrs Vicles shook my hand. "I know you like being called Elsa, Elisabeth, and that's fine."

I smiled at her. "I assume you told all teachers?"

She nodded. I noticed that she had green eyes and brown hair. She looked at least in her fifties. Her voice was gentle, which was good for me.

"Which house will I be in?" I crossed my fingers, hoping I was in Sparkle house.

"You are in Sparkle house with Hope Salnders, Freya Johnson and Glacier Baker!"

I looked at her. "Cool!"

My half american accent couldn't hide the fear in my voice. Mrs Vicles stared at me. "I know about Freya Johnson's repitation through Kyla, David and even Glacier herself."

"Thank god," I said. "Sorry, Miss, but I really don't get along. See, my dad died when I was one, and I find it hard during April to keep myself under control. I ..." I saw the look in her face.

"Kyla told me about that," she said. "We won't expel you for that."

I sighed with relief.

"You better go and unpack," said Vicles. "I have other new students to say hello to. Plus returning six formers."

I smiled and walked to Kyla who held my hand again. "I'm in the same house as Glacier," I said excited.

"That's great," said Kyla. "She and you will get along. I knew Glacier, too!"

I nodded. "She also went to City Poem, too, didn't she?"

Kyla nodded. Then someone walked to us. It was a man, with short black hair, pale green eyes, a kind face and stood 5.3 feet. He looked at us. "I assume you are Elsa Harrison?"

I nodded smiling. I liked him straight away.

"I'm George," he said. "Come to Sparkle house and unpack. "Your room mate isn't quite here yet."

I stared at him. "Okay!"

Me and Kyla followed him out of the library.

We walked passed one of the other houses. It was as tall as Sparkle house but painted a different colour. Sparkle was pink, while this house was green.

We entered Sparkle house where George took all my medication and introduced me to Clorrissa. She was probably in her fourties, with blond hair, brown eyes and stood 5.4 feet. She looked a bit intimidating. The other woman, Arianna, looked more pleasant. She had a kind face with blue eyes and long blond curly hair. I liked George and Arianna, but not Clorrissa.

"You are sharing a room with someone who requested to share with you, Elsa," said Arianna with a smile.

"She spoke very proudly of you when she came for a trial in June," said George smirking.

I tried to think who.

"Your room is ready," said Clorrissa.

Me and Kyla walked to a room that had it's door propped open. I smiled and liked it straight away.

After unpacking, Kyla left me. I was sitting on my own for at least half an hour when the door opened. I looked up and saw David. Forgetting that I had not put my phone on charge, I leapt up and ran to him. He smiled at me.

"Hello, Elsa," he said.

"Elsa?" Came her voice. "I can't believe my wish came true."

I held her hand as David let go of me. "Hi, Glacier."

Glacier put her arms round me. I noticed that she had been treated worse now. Her shoulders had marks and even her cheeks looked worse. Poor Glacier.

***

A/N:

Here is chapter 2.

How did you like it?

I'm very excited to carry this on.

Plus the song is going to be a common theme during the book. So I decided to do it in this chapter.