Chapter 6

Beastboy P.O.V
Everything turned slow motion, Robin pulled out a dagger and threw it at Rachel in amazing speed, a normal human wouldn't even see him pull it out.

It was heading straight for her, Raven's eyes slightly widened, without a second for everyone to recover I ran in front of Raven and caught the blade with my hand.

My hand started to bleed but that was the least important thing, Raven was safe.

It took everyone a few seconds to comprehend what happened, the dagger dropped out of my hand as I winced.

"B-Beastboy!"Rachel snapped out of it and looked at me in worry...worry...she's showing emotion!

This is the first time since 7th grade I've seen her show something that wasn't a disgusted or annoyed expression.

She walked in front of me and took my hand in hers, mine looked so big compared to hers, so cute~.

"BB!"Cyborg came over to us. "Dude you're bleeding! We have to get you to the nurse!"Raven grabs my left arm and Cyborg takes my other, we walked out of the room with everyone still paralysed in shock.

We reach the nurse's office, Cyborg opens the door as Mrs.Curtains looks at us in surprise.

She was standing next to a kid that was passed out on the floor, she puts her hand on her hip and shakes her head at us.

"You three again, always getting into trouble"

Surprisingly enough, when me, Cy and Rae were between 8th and 10th grade we used to do a lot of dumb shit.

It sounds fake since Raven appears so mature and serious but trust me, she's crazy like the rest of us.

I unlock my arms from Raven and Cyborg and sit on the bed.

"Ohhhh, that's gotta hurt"Mrs.Curtains winced while looking at my hand, she observed it and went to her draws. "How'd this one happen?"

Cyborg and Raven look at each other then back at me.

I look at the teacher as she walks back with cotton balls, a small bowl of alcohol and tweezers.

"I had to protect Raven"I said.

Mrs.Curtains took a cotton ball with her tweezers and dipped it in the alcohol halfway.

"Oh? What did you protect her from?"She lightly dabbed my wound with the ball, I hissed in pain and held my breath.

"Someone tried to throw a dagger at her"She stopped as her eyes darted to Raven.

"Why."

"They accused me of being a demon in disguise"Raven said with her usual emotionless look.

The nurse let out a sigh of relief and went back to attend my cut.

"Thank god, I thought someone was trying to kill you"Mrs.Curtains said with a smile but then stopped again. "Wait, a demon?"She looked back at Rachel.

"The new kid pissed off Raven and she beat him up, he lied about her eyes turning red or something and then some crap about her not casting a spell when claws appeared"Cyborg walked closer to us and watched as Mrs.Curtains cleaned my cut.

"Well, what can you do? New kids always want to get attention"The nurse stood up and put the now unneeded tools on her desk and took out a ball of bandages and a pin.

The nurse bandaged my hand and looked at the clock.

"You should have your break around now"I nod and stand up.

"Uh Rachel can you stay behind, I wanna ask you some questions"Raven nods.

Me and Cy walked out but stayed outside the door putting our ears on the door to hear the conversation.

"I've been meaning to ask you about your powers, still working fine?".... "Any changes?".... "Good, there's been a rumour going around that the witches got cursed and couldn't use their powers, the principal got worried too"She chuckled "Well that's all, you can go now"

The handle twists as me and Cyborg run backwards, Rachel walks out and raises an eyebrow.

"Are you guys okay?"

I put up a👌 while Cyborg did a thumbs up, she shrugs it off and starts walking down the hallway to the nearest exit, we jog after her.