Chapter 30

Raven P.O.V
It's been a week since I stopped talking with them and I don't know if it was for the better or for the worse.

I've gotten better at controlling my powers to the point where I can somewhat control the amount of magic I use.

But on the other side my nightmares and panic attacks came back...

For some reason when I slept with Beastboy by my side the nightmares and panic attacks stopped. I felt at peace for a brief moment in time.

I looked outside my window as the night sky sparked with small stars, my eyes land on the moon.

Memories of the date flashed before my eyes, the way he grinned at me when I got excited over the meteor shower..I still can't believe he planned it 3 weeks prior.

Garfield's too much of a flirt as well, he used every opportunity he had to compliment me.

"Never, I'll shower you with complements even in the afterlife"

"No kidding! Almost as pretty as you Rae!"

"I never really heard you laugh Rae...it's really pretty"

"Nothing is enough when it comes to you"

"Who could I mix up with a goddess?"

"You're the most beautiful person I've ever met"

"You're the star of my life"

I put my head in my hands, why can't I get him out of my head?

Beastboy's too dedicated, I wonder if he'll ever give up..what am I talking about it's been 5 years. I look back up at the stars, one day he'll fall out of love with me..the day he finds out what I really am.

I heard something drip down onto the window sill, more drops started to fall, I touched my cheeks as I realised it was tears.

Why am I crying?

I wiped the tears but more kept coming...does it really affect me if he stops liking me? Even if he does it's for the best, it's not like he'll continue liking me after finding out what I am.

I heard a meow behind me and turn around to see Moon and Light looking at me while sitting down.

"Don't worry am fine"I said as I sat down on the floor.

Moon walked over to me and jumped onto my shoulder nuzzling my cheek. Light jumped into my lap and started to meow something that must have been reassuring words.

She licked my hand and meowed.

"Thank you"I said with a smile.

The door opened and the person I least expected showed up. I quickly wiped my eyes and stood up.

"What do you want?"I asked.

"I..came to check up on the cats..Kori wanted..me to"The pink haired girl said quietly. "Are you okay?"I nod my head.

"Is that all?"

"Here"Her arm came into view holding something.

It was a basket filled with cat treats and my favourite snacks.

"It's from Kori..she wanted to make sure you were okay"I take the basket out of her hands.

"Thanks"She nods and walks out, I go back to my cats and sit down, taking everything out.

Moon's eyes widened at the treats, I chuckle and open one of them and put it on the floor for her. I looked at Light who gave me pleading eyes, I gave her one too.

At the bottom of the basket was a note.

Dear friend Raven,

I hope you are doing well, even though it's been a week it feels like I haven't seen you in decades. I miss you very dearly but I respect the fact that you do not wish to be friends anymore. I thought you and the kitties would be lonely so I made you a basket.

From Starfire.

A smile spread across my face without me realising. I opened a pack of Pocky and bit into the stick.

My smile soon disappeared as I remembered how Cyborg told me about Beastboy ending up sick because of me. I hope history doesn't repeat itself.