Chapter 8

Beastboy P.O.V
We turned the corner and ran inside the school.

"Ah!-"We scared some students.

"Sorry!"I said.

The teachers screamed for us to stop running in the hallway but soon stopped when they saw our chasers.

"GO PRESIDENT!!"The members of Raven's Protection Squad cheered me on as Raven lifted up her eyebrow at me, she doesn't know yet.

I held onto Raven tighter and jumped over a group of people, I felt Raven's arm tighten around my neck.

Cyborg soon caught up to us.

"Man you're slow"I grinned at him, he rolled his eyes. "Raven are they still close?"I asked her as she turned her head to look behind us.

"We've lost them"I nod and kick open the door to an empty classroom.

Cyborg closes the door as we sit down on the floor waiting to hear footsteps pass.

When we do we sigh in relief.

"Damn I can't breathe"Cyborg laid down on the floor and put his arm over his eyes.

Raven laid her head on my chest and tried to catch her breath.

It seemed even she was shocked and scared to get caught.

I rest my head on the wall and look at the ceiling.

After I've recovered I looked down at Raven with one closed eye and smiled at how cute she looked.

"Care to explain?"We both look up while Cy took his arm off, Dick and Kori were sitting in chairs with books out.

"Not these idiots again!"Tin Can put his arm back.

"Idiots? How rude!"Kori crossed her arms and looked away while pouting, Dick raised an eyebrow.

"In trouble are we?"He leaned on one hand, I narrow my eyes at him.

"Mind your business"I spat with venom, he glared at me.

"Calm down already"Raven stood up and dusted herself off, Dick's eyes widened as he looked away, Cy took off the robe and handed it to her.

She whispered a thanks, I winced at my hand, Raven looked at me in worry.

"You know you didn't have to take that hit?"I smiled at her and I stood up.

"I'll do it again in a heartbeat"She frowned as my smile disappeared.

She's actually showing emotion for once, it kinda shocked me.

"Hey, don't worry, am fine"I said in a quiet voice, I put my hands on her cheeks, she kept staring at the floor.

I look at the guys around us, she always gets embarrassed when I do this.

I hugged her, I felt her flinch.

"B-Beast-"

"This once"I said.

She hesitated but wrapped her arms around my torso and buried her face in my chest, I smiled in happiness.

SHE'S SO CUTE!! I CANT TAKE IT! I THINK AM GOING TO EXPLODE!! SHE LOOKS LIKE A KITTEN SNUGGLED UP IN A BLANKET!THE CUTENESS! ITS TOO MUCH!!

Cyborg smiled.

I hugged her tighter.

I look at Dick, he was looking at Kori who looked like she wanted to hug Raven.

"Okay love birds get a room"Dick said with annoyance in his voice.

I hold Raven tighter and growl and glare at him but my attention gets pulled back to the girl hugging me when she started to move.

Raven takes her arms off and I suddenly felt my hand move better.

It wasn't as numb as it used to be which was weird.

Raven took back her hat and stepped back, she looked at Dick and Kori then back at me.

"What's the problem with you two? I remember you two used to be just fine a day ago"I glared at Dick as he glared back.

"Rae he tried to hurt you..he's never going to get away with that"My eyes started to glow green as my powers started to activate, Raven grabbed my hand telling me to stop.

"You're making it a big deal"Dick said.

"You threw a dagger at her!"

"So what?! She didn't get hurt! And what if she did?! It's not like she would get seriously hurt!"

"IT WAS HEADING FOR HER EYE!!"Dick looked away and tsked. "The hell was going through your mind when you decided to throw it at her?! Did you think that her powers would active on reflex or something?!"

"I did okay!"

"How stupid are you?! Not everyone's powers work like that!"

"Do you expect for me to know?! All of you crazy monsters from Earth are the same, you act on violence and want power!"

"Dick what the hell?! Kori is a alien!"Cyborg said and sat up.

"I said from Earth moron, Starfire isn't like you power hungry freaks"Starfire put a hand on Dick's arm.

"Friend Robin maybe you should calm down"She said.

"Freaks?"I looked at Raven who suddenly had a murderous aura around her.