"Thanks."

Adjusting to the cabin was easier than they thought, even without power. Though the bathroom had no running water, and was pretty much just a bucket with a toilet seat on top. However there was a hotspring a walk above a large pond. The pond was frozen over, as it was far enough away from the spring to loose its warmth. The ground was covered in snow, and no one planned on using the spring because of how cold it was. Ani however didn't seem bothered, in all honestly she could have cracked a hole in the ice and had a bath there, if the water didn't kill her.

Aeriin and Ani went for a walk to go see the pond, leaving Darcel and Taraka alone with the order of "If anything happens, you rush back to us."

Ani was obviously lost in thought, and wasn't paying attention to much else than her feet. Her hands stuffed in the pockets of her sweater.

Aeriin wore boots, a blue jacket, and white snowpants. Ani just settled with her normal outfit of cargo pants, and a sweatshirt. The cold had no effect on her.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Aeriin asked.

"Not really." Ani answered with a sigh.

"Is it about me?" Aeriin took the lack of an answer as a yes. "Can you please tell me about it?"

"I don't know I- SHIT!" Ani yelped as she slipped on the ice of the pond, not even noticing Aeriin had stopped to avoid it. Ani fell hard on the ice, but thankfully it was thick enough to hold her even from her fall.

Aeriin laughed. "You okay?"

"My ass!" Ani whined, laying on her back like she was about to make a snow angel.

"You're funny. No one ever taught you how to ice skate?" Aeriin asked, sliding across the ice, one foot in front of the other like she had practiced.

Ani managed to pick herself up with a little more slipping. "I've never had a reason to learn." Ani answered. "My sister prefers ice magic because she has a Ice Golem for her companion. But she and I don't really get along so..."

"Don't worry about it. I can teach you if you want?" Aeriin smiled as she turned and faced Ani.

"Don't you need ice skates?"

"Shouldn't you be able to keep your balance?"

"Not when my feet move without me making them!"

"Just try." Aeriin laughed.

The vampire watched her curiously but sighed and pushed herself forward, copying the motion Aeriin had used, putting one foot in front of the other. She slid across the ice, bumping into Aeriin who took her hands, causing both of them to spin before the two of them fell onto the ice because Ani couldn't keep her balance, and because she didn't let Aeriin go when she fell. However Aeriin managed to fall onto Ani, and soften her fall.

"Ow." Ani muttered.

"Well at least you didn't land on your ass." Aeriin smiled as she corrected herself so he was laying across Ani, her head on the vampire's chest as the two of them looked up at the sky above them. Ani's arms wrapped around her Huntress, and both of them relaxed into each other's touch.

"True." Ani muttered.

"Tell me about your nightmare."

Ani sighed, but gave in. She knew Aeriin wouldn't stop asking until she was told, so she had no other choice. "I was looking in the mirror, and my reflection didn't... wasn't my reflection. It was saying such... aweful things to me. About what I could do to you."

"You won't do anything aweful to me."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I've known you long enough to know that you're not the kind of person who could cause any harm to me." Aeriin told her. "You have a hard shell, but deep down, you're so perfect."