Over Me? (mjf)

SONG CHOICE
I'll Be There For You by The Rembrandts

You and Jennifer Grey were having lunch together at the Universal Studios back lot

You and Jennifer Grey were having lunch together at the Universal Studios back lot. As you were sitting down you were discussing the date that Jennifer had set you up on tonight.

"Are you sure I'll like this guy?" You asked sitting down at an empty table. "Yes, I'm positive. Unless your not over Michael?" She asked skeptically. You looked up from your food and felt your face flush, "I'm only going on this date to get over Michael. He's with Nancy, he doesn't want me anymore. I missed my chance," you said, picking at your salad.

Michael and Nancy walked into the coffee shop your friend group always hung out at. You, Jennifer, and Rob were sitting on the couch and Judd was hanging over a chair.

"Hey guys," Michael greeted, Nancy hanging around his arm. Michael started dating his co-Star Nancy Mckeon after Judd and Rob said that you would never have feelings for him and that he should get over you.

Of course this changed when Judd let it slip that Michael was 'madly in love with you' while he was off filming 'Poison Ivy'.

"Hey," everyone greeted in response, even you. Michael turned to Jennifer, "Do you still have that box of cat toys?" Michael asked. Jennifer looked confused, "Yeah? Why?" She laughed.

"Michael and I are going to get a cat!" Nancy exclaimed. This took you by surprise, 'their relationship must me getting serious' you thought to yourself.

Later that night, you were on your date. You were taking advantage of the wine at your table and the whole time you were thinking about Michael and Nancy...and their cat.

"I mean, how long do cats live? Why can't they get something that lasts for like a day, like a fruit fly!" You exclaimed, a little tipsy.

Your date looked at you confused, "I don't know who your talking about sorry. But it sounds like you need closure," he said.

"Closure? That's it! I need closure!" You replied, looking around. You saw a man talking on a phone and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, I need to borrow your phone," you said, sheepishly. The man turned to you annoyed, "Can't you see I'm talking to someone?" The man said.

You rolled your eyes, "I know but I really need to tell someone I'm over them," you insisted. The man annoyingly gave you the phone and you dialed Michael's home number. It went to voice mail.

"It went to voice mail, I'm waiting for the deep," you said to your date. Your date nodded and then asked the waiter for the check.

"Hi Michael, it's Y/n. I just wanted to get some closure. I hope you and Nancy will be fine, with your cat. So there I'm over you, I am over a you," you said, confidently in your tipsy state.

The next morning, Michael came by you and Jennifer's place to pick up the cat toys Jennifer had. You were sitting on the couch not remembering what you did last night.

"Hey, Y/n! Jennifer here?" Michael asked you as he came in. You shook your head, "No but she left the cat toys on the table," you said, flipping through a magazine.

"Okay, hey I haven't been home yet can I check my messages," Michael asked reaching for the phone.

Not remembering much of last night you shrugged, "Go ahead," you said. Michael picked up the phone and checked his messages, "Hey Y/n, I got one from you," he trailed off.

Your eyes went wide! Then your remembered last night, "Oh my god! No! Michael put down the phone. Put down the phone!" You said, gettin up off the couch trying to take the phone from him. You ended up jumping on top of him, Michael carrying you piggy back style.

He heard the message and was a little in shock, "Your over me? When-when were you uh, under me," he asked, partly joking. He didn't think that you would ever like him, the way he liked you.

"Oh god," you said, getting off Michael and putting your head in your hands.

"You uh, do you uh like me?" Michael asked, half of him hoping it was true. You ran a hand through your hair and looked down at your socks. "Well, for the past few weeks, I've sorta um had feelings for you," you mumbled.

"You've had feelings for me?" Michael repeated, in shock. You lifted your head up and looked into his blue eyes, "Yeah so! You had feelings for me first!" You defended.

"Woah, huh. You know about, uh, you know?" Michael asked, trying to process the moment.

"Judd told me," you said, looking into his eyes, hoping it would soften the blow. "Judd? When did he, when did he, when did he," he repeated, running a hand through his hair and sort of pacing around.

"When you were filming 'Poison Ivy'," you explained. "Filming?" Michael interrupted. "With Nancy," you continued. "Nancy!" Michael said, his voice cracking ever so slightly.

"Nancy?! That's...oh god. Okay I need to um," he trailed off not really knowing what to do or say. Michael started pacing the room more and you just stood there, wondering how things had gotten this way.

"What and now your over me?" Michael asked, stopping in front of you and looking into you e/c eyes. You returned the gaze, "Are you over me?" You asked. Michael looked at you, 'No' he thought, but didn't say out load.

The chemistry was pulling you both together. And then the buzzer rang, you and Michael both turned to the door and looked at it.

"That's Nancy," Michael said pointing to the door. He ran to it and presses the buzzer, "Hi Nancy!" He said. "Hi honey, I got a cab waiting," Nancy replied over the speaker. "I'll be right down," Michael tried to say as calmly as possible, his voice cracked again.

Your heart broke inside, "Wait so your going?" You asked waking towards the door where Michael was.

"Well, I have to. I can't deal with this right now. I mean I've got a cab, I've got a girlfriend, I'm going to get a cat," Michael said, opening the door and immediately regretting the decision of getting a cat.

You walked closer to the door and your faces were practically touching, "Oh okay," you replied, tears threatening to run down your face.

Then Michael looked at you one last time, before leaving you and Jennifer's apartment.

A/n- so I got this from the show 'Friends' lmao I love this scene so much I had to make an imagine with Michael!! I might do another one like this but idk ❤️