loosing you (mjf)

☆☆☆

"hey y/n, it's been awhile,"

"yeah, I'd say about two years..."

☆☆☆

MICHAEL'S P.O.V

It was weird how we ended things. I never was able to call her mine but I really wanted to. She would always be there, when I was filming. We would go and get coffee, when we had time.

That word time.

We never had enough of it. I was too busy to be there for her and she was busy doing her own thing. I never said I loved her when she would go out on dates with guys. I missed my chance and now I have to accept that.

Sometimes I wonder what she's doing now. Where she is going in life. She moved away in '88 to become a freelance photographer in Europe, the studio didn't deserve her. She was too good.

———

Michael walked along the streets of LA, heading towards the coffee shop you and him always used to go to. It reminded him of you and even though you weren't in his life anymore, he didn't want to forget you.

Since there wasn't a line, Michael walked straight up to the counter. He ordered a coffee and sat down to wait for it. Looking up from his hands, his attention was now focused on the h/c haired girl that had walked in.

He never thought he would ever see you again. The way your hair shined in the light and your bright e/c eyes filled with hope and wonder. You were breath taking to him and seeing you made him nervous and flustered.

How could you not see him, or a least that is what Michael wondered as he tried to find some way to talk to you after all your time apart. Hearing his name being called by the barista, both you and Michael turned to look at the counter. Michael walked up to get his coffee and you finally saw him.

You had missed the way his eyes twinkled. His smile was perfect and his light brown hair was always a mess no matter how hard he tried to fix it. You thought he had loved you once, but he never said anything so you assumed it was just a heat of the moment kind of thing. But you wished it was more.

Walking over to the counter, you quickly ordered your coffee. After sitting down to wait for your order, Michael approached you.

Looking down at you nervously, Michael didn't know what to say to you. He knew he wanted to talk to you but it was like he had forgotten how to speak.  Until, "Hey y/n, it's been awhile," he said, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

You smiled sweetly in return, "Yeah, I'd say about two years," you replied. You both missed each other and seeing the way the light caught his blue eyes made your cheeks flush a bright red.

☆☆☆

A/n- this one is weird, but the gif at the beginning is 🥵!!!

Love y'all ❤️❤️