Two Different Worlds Pt.2 (mjf)

Song Choice- Fade into You by Mazzy Star

Michael chased you down as you were getting out of the cab

Michael chased you down as you were getting out of the cab. You didn't notice your surroundings because your mind was foggy and your vision was blurry from crying.

You grabbed your duffel bag of clothes you usually left at Michael's house. You heard someone calling your name, realizing it wasn't your sister you turned around to see who it was.

"Y/n! Y/n!" Michael yelled, getting out of the cab. He was wearing a pair of sweatpants and his t-shirt he occasionally slept in.

You saw his distraught face and turned away, heading towards your sisters apartment. Michael ran to you before you could open the door with the set of keys you had with you.

"Y/n wait," Michael said, a sad tone in his voice. "What Mikey?" you replied, running a hand through your hair, and dropping you bag on your doorstep.

"I read your note. I had to come after you, I love you. Y/n I need you. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. But you have to understand that you mean the world to me and that I cannot lose you," he trailed off, slightly running out of breath.

You wiped a few of your tears away from your face. "Mikey, I can't. I need to find my own career. I need to be somebody, to myself, not just to you," You said, more tears spilling down your cheeks.

Michael stepped closer and wiped the tears from your eyes. He pulled you close to him, desperately not wanting to loose you.  You pulled away and backed up, "No! This is exactly what makes me want to stay!" You said.

"Then stay," Michael pleaded. You opened the door to you and your sisters apartment. You picked up your duffle bag and went inside closing the door behind you and leaving a distraught Michael on the doorstep.

———————————-

"I don't know why you left him, Y/n?" your sister said, the next morning handing you a cup of coffee. You didn't want to talk about it, you didn't even want to think about it, because it was so depressing to you.

"I'm not what he wants," you simply said, knowing that's not why you left. It was the only excuse you could think of. Maybe if you said it over and over again you would convince yourself. Or at least that's what you thought.

"That's bullshit," your sister retorted. You rolled your eyes and got up. "It is! I saw the way he looked at you. It was like if the earth lost the sun and found it again," your sister said.

"That's a terrible metaphor," you replied, walking away to your room.

You closed the door behind you and got ready for work. You wished that you wouldn't have to see Michael. Maybe he was to mad at you and didn't want to even come to the coffee shop anyways.

Michael got up and got dressed. He was eager to get to the studio. He needed to get you back and he had a plan.

When he got to Paramount Pictures studios he walked up to his managers office. His manager usually worked at the Universal Back Lot, but since Michael was just filming 'Family Ties' at the time, the studio set up an office for Michael's manager at Paramount Pictures.

"I need a favor," Michael said, walking into his mangers office. "You know Y/n right. Well I need you to pull a few strings and get an assistant job or something at studio for (her/him/them)." Michael continued.

His manager looked at him in confusion, "Why?" he asked. "Because Y/n deserves it. (She/He/They) works really hard and I know the studio needs the extra help. (She/He/They) works at the coffee shop near sound stage 4, please reach out to (her/him/them)." Michael said.

His manager saw the look of desperation in his eyes. "Alright, I'll see what I can do," he said, getting up from his desk. "Thank you," Michael responded.

—————————-

You were working at the coffee shop when a familiar face came walking towards you. He was tall and was wearing a business suit. Confused you stopped wiping the counter and looked towards the man.

"Can I help you?" You asked in your professional voice. The man handed you a folder, "Yes, a friend of mine gave me your information and resume. I was wondering if you wanted to be an assistant at the studio, instead of working here. The description and salary are all in the folder. My office is right over there if you want to take the job. If you say yes we'll set you up on a sound stage and you'll assist the crew," Michael's manager said.

You were in shock. 'How is this happening' you thought and then it hit you 'Michael' .......

A/n- sorry if this is too dramatic lol 😂 stay tuned for pt.3 and the last part of this imagine. Remember if you have requests feel free to comment or private message me ❤️

Love y'all ❤️❤️