feeling good (jamie conway)

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

ONE NIGHT, your friend Jamie Conway had invited you to one of the various New York City clubs. To get away from his problems, Jamie usually went on a daily basis. But you were always busy with work and tonight you finally had the time you hang out with him.

You and him were friends, just friends. In the past there were a few moments where the two of you had almost kissed, but Amanda had always gotten in the way. Then Jamie and her got married so you backed off, not wanting to become the other woman.

But right now, Amanda had left him. You knew it was coming, but Jamie was so love struck by the model, you never said anything. Tonight you never expected to, but having a few drinks in your system, anything was possible.

———

Making your way over to the dance floor, you handed Jamie his drink. Taking a sip of yours you stumbled, almost falling into Jamie's arms. "You good?" He asked, a little confused as to why you were drinking this much. It was one thing if he did it, but for you to drink too much on a work night concerned him.

"I'm great!" You smiled, ruffing up his hair with one hand and taking another drink with the other. He laughed at the childish action, you and him continuing to dance.

After dancing until the club was practically closed, you and Jamie walked out onto the empty streets of Manhattan. Calling a cab over, you and Jamie got in. "That was a blast!" You exclaimed. Jamie nodded weakly, still worried why you were acting this way.

You eventually fell asleep on his shoulder. Waking you up when the driver pulled up to your apartment building, you turned to Jamie, "Do you wanna come in for some coffee?" You asked him. Jamie nodded, wanting to make sure you got into bed safely.

Getting up to your apartment ,you set your purse down on the table, "I'll just call in sick at work," you said to yourself, looking at the clock in your kitchen. Making a pot of coffee, Jamie watched you. Noticing his staring, you turned to him, "What?" You asked.

A blush came onto Jamie's cheeks, "Nothing," he replied, quickly. You gave him a look as he smiled shyly, "I'm worried about you, Y/n," he said. You furrowed your brows together in confusion, "Jamie, what do you mean?" You asked.

"You never act that way when you go out," Jamie replied. You went red with embarrassment as you let out a breath of disbelief, "I rarely go out," you stated. "Yeah..but," Jamie started. "But," you replied.  "I don't want to lose you. Not like I lost Amanda," Jamie said.

Hearing this you scoffed, "Don't worry, Jamie. I won't run off to Paris. I'm not a manipulative shallow air head, that turns good guys like you into drug addicted shells," you snapped. Jamie was shocked for a second, not expecting the conversation to escalate so quickly.

"Y/n..." Jamie trailed off. "What?" you replied, then continuing. "I'm just going to say it okay. I tried to drink it away and clearly that didn't work. I wanted you to pick me, not Amanda. She never deserved you. I saw her manipulative ass from a mile away and you didn't see it. Of course you wouldn't see it, she's beautiful," You rambled, then continuing. "I love you. I wanted to be the one you looked at, the one you admired. Jamie-,"

But then you were interrupted by his lips on yours. While rambling you didn't even know that he was walking towards you. He wrapped you in a passions kiss, you kissing back immediately. His warmth made you feel safe and protected. Pulling away for air, Jamie smirked at you as he leaned in for another kiss.

"I'm sorry," he said. You cracked a small smile, kissing his nose, "Don't be...you chose me now," you replied. Jamie smiled as he wrapped his arms around you, pulling you as close to him as possible. "Looks like I might be calling in sick too," Jamie joked. You laughed under your breath as he picked you up into another passionate kiss.