Meeting The Family Pt.3 (mjf)

SONG CHOICE
Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo

That night, after coming back to your house and putting the pumpkins in the backyard

That night, after coming back to your house and putting the pumpkins in the backyard. You and Michael headed up to your room to get ready for the family dinner.

Your mother and sister in law were probably in the kitchen starting the food and you knew you would have to help as well.

Your family was a little old fashioned. Your mother did the cooking while you and your brother helped out. Of course now he was married so his role of helping in the kitchen was replaced by his wife. It was the '80s after all.

You were a little nervous because this would give Michael a chance to talk to your brother and father, but you loved spending time with your mother. Your sister in law was nice, but you weren't as close as you hoped.

Right now, you we're going through your suitcase trying to find the red dress you planned on wearing to dinner. Michael changed into a nice white dress shirt. He looked extremely handsome.

Michael was sitting on your bed looking around your childhood room. It was mostly pink and white. Your curtains matched, having pink little roses patterned on the white cloth. It had a light and airy feel to it, there were stuffed animals everywhere and posters of 'The Beatles' and 'Shawn Cassidy'.

"Why do you have a Shawn Cassidy poster?" Michael laughed pointing to your wall. You looked to wear he was pointing, "Because when I was 14 I thought he was attractive," you replied, not really paying attention.

You found your dress and started to change your clothes. "You thought he was attractive?" Michael asked, looking at the poster. You thought it was funny how his brain was trying to comprehend such a thought and didn't even notice you were literally changing in front of him.

"Well, I don't anymore," you stated throwing him your clothes from earlier. You brushed yourself off and looked at Michael, who was now eyeing you up and down.

"Well?" You asked flirtatiously, smirking a little. Michael leaned his head back on the headboard of your bed, "Come here," he said, holding out his arm towards you, he was in awe of how good you looked.

You walked over to him and he put his arms gently on your waist, he sat you down on his lap and you giggled.

"You look beautiful," he whispered, your noses practically touching.

"Thank you, you look mighty fine in that shirt," you replied, in the same seductive manner.

Michael laughed under his breath, "What? This old thing," he joked, leaning into kiss you.

After a long and very passionate kiss you both pulled away, "I should go and help out with dinner," you breathed, not wanting to leave.

Michael pouted, "Do you really think they would notice if we weren't there?" He joked, not wanting to leave either.

"Yes, Mikey. I do" you laughed. "Come on," you said, getting up and taking his hand. You led him out of you room and down the stairs.

You and him walked downstairs and parted ways with a kiss. You greeted your mother in the kitchen, who was cutting up vegetables for a soup. "Smells great, mom," you said. Your mother smiled, "Thank you dear, where's Michael?" She asked. You took a carrot from the cutting bored and took a bite of it.

"He's hanging out with dad and Steven," you said, nervously. Your mother patted you on he cheek, lovingly, "Don't worry, they won't do anything," she reassured you.

You shrugged, knowing that fathers and brothers were the 'protective' type. You helped make food in the kitchen while Michael was hanging out with your brother and father.

"So Michael, you and my daughter seem pretty serious," Your father said. Michael's cheeks went a little red and Steven looked up, "Dad," he said trying to make Michael feel less uncomfortable.

"Uh yes, we are," Michael said, looking up at your father. Your father nodded his head, "She looks very happy when she's with you. I don't think I've ever seen her this happy," your father continued.

Steven awkwardly got up, "I'm going to help set the table," he said, excusing himself. He walked into the kitchen and pulled you aside.

"Dads having 'the talk' with Michael," he whispered to you as you were setting the table. "The what?" You asked, nearly dropping a plate. "You know, 'the talk'," Steven hinted. 'Oh god,' you thought.

"What now, before dinner?" You asked, this time a little louder. Steven nodded, "Yeah," he replied. You finished putting down the last plate and crept over to the hallway near the living room, where Michael and your father were talking.

"When you want to, it's okay with me," you heard your father say. Your mouth slowly dropped open, 'did he voluntarily give Michael his blessing or did Michael ask?' You wondered to yourself.

You mother called everyone in for dinner and you and Michael sat together at the table. Your family and Michael made small talk as everyone ate their food. When you were done everyone went to the back yard to carve their pumpkins.

"Alright, lover boy. What are we going to carve," you asked Michael, holding the knife.

Michael ran a hand through his hair, thinking. "We could make a skull?" He suggested. You nodded thinking it was a good idea. "Alright, let's gut the pumpkin now. Oh! One sec," you said, heading towards your mother.

You asked you mom for one of her aprons so you wouldn't get pumpkin guts on your red dress. You came back to Michael, "Alright now let's gut the pumpkin," you said, smiling.

A/n- I'm having so much fun writing this!! Omg okay so I'm going to do one more part just FYI. I hope you are enjoying this imagine.