set it up {mjf}

requested by _vintagebish

FOR THE LONGEST TIME, you and Michael secretly liked each-other. All of your friends, Judd, Rob and Jennifer knew that the chemistry between you was unbearable and they didn't know why neither of you made the first move.

One day while hanging out at Jennifer's house, Judd had an idea. "Okay so Michael and Y/n need to get together...like now. I'm tired of seeing them eyeing each-other all the time and neither of them making the first move," he said, looking between his friends. "Agreed," Jennifer replied.

"How do you think they'll confess to one another?" Rob asked, thinking it was a good idea. "Well a party is being thrown this weekend at Molly's house. We could play a drinking game and see if they have to do a dare of something," Jennifer explained, vaguely.

Judd nodded, "That's good, that way it doesn't look like we're trying to set them up, but we are," he said.

———————

Later that night you and Michael had arrived at the party. Your friends were already hanging out, having a good time. "Hey look who it is!" Rob exclaimed coming up to greet you and Michael. "Hey," you said, pulling Rob into a friendly hug.

After a while of talking and hanging out Jennifer called everybody to the living room. "Okay everyone time to play drink or dare!" she exclaimed. Everyone seemed into it and the game started. Jennifer grabbed the bottle of vodka from the center of the table passing it to you. "Okay y/n, drink or dare?" She asked.

You had already had a few drinks in your system and could feel the buzz in your head. Knowing that you didn't want to have a severe hangover the next day, you chose dare. "Dare," you said, looking around the circle of people.

Jennifer looked to Judd and Rob quickly before telling you your dare. "Okay, I dare you and Michael to go into that closet for ten minutes. Whatever happens, happens," she said, hinting to something more.

Both you and Michael's faces flushed red. And Jennifer, Rob, and Judd were trying to hide their grins. You nodded and got up from the circle, taking Michael's hand and leading him to the coat closet.

Jennifer set the timer for ten minutes, as everyone else was listening intently to what was going to happen.

You sat down in the closet, looking over to Michael who was nervously playing with the sleeves of his sweater. "So," you said awkwardly. You didn't want it to be that way but that's how it was. Ever since you realized you had feelings for Michael you couldn't act the way you used to around him.

Michael sat down next to you, giving you one of his boyish grins. "So," he mocked, making you laugh. You ran a hand through your hair and accepted the silence. After about a minute or two, Michael turned to you. "Are we just going to wait this out or..." he inquired.

"I'm not sure. I think Jennifer's expecting something that won't ever happen," you replied. Michael furrowed his eye brows in confusion, "What do you mean?" He asked. "I mean, I-, I can't say, you would think I'm weird," you brushed off.

Michael took your hand, causing him to look at you. "Tell me," he insisted. You let out a breath, "I think Jennifer wants us to kiss," you admitted. Michael let out an 'o' causing you to nod, "Yes, but if that happened then you would know," you said, rather vaguely. "Know what?" Michael asked, a hint of hope in his voice. "That I like you," you replied, getting caught in his blue eyes.

Michael didn't respond, all he did was lean in. You leaned in too, letting the heat of the moment take over. Soon enough you both had to pull away for air and when you did, Michael smiled, brushing some of your hair from your face. "I like you too," he replied, in a serious and solemn voice.

The door to the closest opened, causing both you and Michael to jump. "It worked," Rob smiled, causing Judd to nudge him and Jennifer to laugh.

A/n- I hope you like it _vintagebish . I'm sorry it took so long 🤧