Chapter 17

He held his hand out and I took it without a second thought this time. This could be the best or worst thing that I can do but there's no denying the fact that I have feelings for Emmett Cullen. Such intense feelings that I don't really understand how it's possible. It seems like I'm going to have to let go of logic wherever Emmett is concerned.

As we walked through the house, I turned the lights off and took him upstairs. He looks so large, just so male in my bachelorette's room, but not out of place. The decoration isn't so female that a man would feel uncomfortable here.

"It reminds me of you." he smiled, looking around.

"How so?" I asked.

"Simple elegance and beauty."

"I . . . you . . ."

"It smells like you; pomegranate, black orchids and violets, lotus blossoms, and mahogany wood. It's my new favorite scent. My house smells like you too, that's why I haven't left." he told me.

"My perfume . . ."

"It's mostly naturally you, the perfume adds the pomegranate and mahogany. Pure sinful goddess."

"That's . . .wow. Back to my question." I said, ignoring the blush covering my neck and cheeks.

"What did I expect?"

"Yes." I insisted, sitting on the bed and patting the spot next to me.

"Kissing you is the best thing I've ever done in all of my existence but it wasn't without a certain level of difficulty, Val. I am always very careful to feed before seeing you and I haven't, I haven't left my house in a week and that makes being around you slightly difficult." he admitted.

"Why?"

"It still smells like you. I was afraid that you might not want to see me again and if that was the case, I didn't want to leave and lose the scent that permeated my house in the best way."

"So right now you're hungry?" I whispered, softly moving my fingers over his cheek, testing him as much as myself.

"What gave me up?" He chuckled.

"Your eyes as much as your admission, also your tone and attitude when you got here. Men are crabby when they're hungry."

"Especially now, it should be really difficult for me to be around you." he said, cupping my cheek. "Just the thought of hurting you hurts me. I could never do it. They all said it would be extremely difficult and while it is a little difficult, I don't think it was as much as they made it out to be. I don't think I'm making sense." he sighed.

"You are. Is it more difficult just because I'm human or because I'm human and you're hungry?"

"The latter, I have good control over my thirst but being around humans is never easy at all. It never has been before anyway, but since I met you, it's not as difficult for me. Around you and your family that is but it's also been a little easier to be around humans in general." he replied, dropping the hand on my cheek to my knee.

"Emmett, you need to . . . eat." I muttered, looking away from him.

"I will . . . soon." he noticed my hesitation but didn't comment.

"Now."

"If you don't mind, I don't want to leave just yet." he said, and it made my heart happy.

"I don't want you to go either but you're hurting yourself, you need to . . ."

"Later." he insisted.

"Emmett, go . . . go. I'll wait for you. You need to . . . feed." I said.