Chapter 74

"What the hell? Supernatural really does love you." she said, keeping the protective stance and I understand why.

"It's fine, we're fine, go check on him." I whispered, knowing that only two other people would hear me.

"Yeah, okay, hey." she said, sitting next to Jeremy.

"Hey." he said with a dopey smile on his face.

I looked over at Andy who was smiling at them as well.

"For the time being, I can see if Carlisle can get you a blood bag just for tonight, and then tomorrow we can start. I'm sure Jasper and Jared will help." Emmet said.

"I couldn't ask for that, especially not after how things have been so strained between us." I argued.

"I'll ask but I know they won't say no." he smiled.

"Emmett ..."

"I'll be right back." he said, pressing his lips to mine.

"I really hate that shit." Jeremy said when Emmett disappeared.

"Yeah, I got over it. Ah ... where are the two of you going?" I asked as Leah and Jeremy tried to leave the room.

"We're just ..." Leah said.

"We're going to my room, mom." Jeremy said, grabbing her hand and pulling her upstairs as I laughed at her red cheeks.

"Does he know that she's ..." I asked.

"Kind of, they had a really short conversation about it earlier and that's what they're gonna talk about now." Andy said.

I sat down with Ava who was holding onto me for dear life but watching Andy. He sat down on the sofa next to the one I was on, watching us.

"She's such a mix of you and Chris." he said. "Val, bug, I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of this ... twice."

"I definitely wasn't expecting either of you to show up as the undead but I'm happy that you're here. So happy." I told him.

"So am I, bug, I won't be able to be around you. You know that right, while I'm going through this diet change." he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah, but we'll get tonight and after a week or two or ... who knows, we'll get more time wolf. At least I know where you'll be and Emmett can give me updates. Wolf, you ... don't have to do this if you don't want to." I told him and the words were a little ... uncomfortable but I had to say them.

"I want to ... I have to Val. I need to be sure and do everything that I can for it to be safe to be around all of you. The only person I've been in contact with is Jeremy and that got easier with time but now I'm here ... with you and Ava and Grandma Morgan. If she'll want to be around me after I helped dismantle her grandson. I need to do everything in my abilities to be around you. Bear told me how you've been struggling and that can stop now, I'll make sure of it." he said, tentatively putting his hand over mine.

"Okay ... I've ... I gotta give her a bath and get her dinner ready. Don't go." I said, latching onto his hand.

"I'm not going anywhere, not tonight anyway." he said.

I gave Ava a quick bath and we headed downstairs. Grandma Morgan got the super large baby playpen for her birthday and I put her in there to play while I made food for Jeremy, Leah, grandma, and me. Andy just watched her and watched me.

"I've missed out on so much." he sighed.

"You have ... but we'll make up for that." I smiled.

"Yeah ... I definitely miss food."