Chapter 4

VAL'S POV

The day after we arrived all of my boxes arrived, well all but one of my boxes but that was just house stuff and not extremely important so I wasn't particularly worried about it. The one thing that does have me nervous is this job interview. Grandma Morgan got me the interview with a Dr. Cullen, she speaks wonders about him. She works in the billing department and knows just about everyone in the hospital.

The day of the interview I picked out an outfit, (after changing my mind at least 10,000 times) that brings me some happiness because this constant rain for the past few days has me in a dreary mood. Black trousers with a white blouse, light pink blazer and black heels finished the look. I used simple makeup because if I'm being honest, as a nurse I don't use too much makeup so I don't want to give them a false expectation of my physical look. I left my blonde hair loose, pinned up on the left side and I'm ready to go.

"You're gonna be fine." Grandma Morgan said, as she watched me fuss.

"I'm nervous, very nervous and I don't know why. I've been to interviews before but something about this one is making me very nervous." I admitted to her.

"It's the next step to a fresh start outside of your comfort zone, sweetie. The people in this hospital don't know you like they did at the Detroit hospital where you completed your residency and then stayed there to work. It's normal that you be nervous, little miss model lady." she said, knowing that it would make me smile.

Back when Chris and I were in school and during my residency, I supplemented my income by modeling. I did a few well known brand campaigns and several lesser known brand campaigns. It was fun while it lasted and thanks to that I'm able to comfortably take care of my baby by myself.

During my pregnancy Chris insisted on paying for anything and everything that I needed during that time. We argued about it but he still ended up paying for the majority of our things. That allowed me to save money and be able to take care of us now, without having to count pennies.

"I haven't thought about that in a while." I smiled.

"There you go. Just breathe, everything will be okay. You're an incredible nurse sweetie and Carlisle is an intelligent man so he'll scoop you up."

"I hope so, alright picolla, mommy will be back soon. Ti amo, picolla mia." I said, kissing Ava Rae's head.

"Good luck, sweetie." grandma Morgan said, kissing my cheek before I walked out.

"Thanks."

I hopped into my Kia Sorento and followed the directions that grandma Morgan gave me to reach the hospital. The receptionist gave me a funny look but I kept the polite smile on my face. It's a good trait I learned while modeling.

"How can I help you?" she asked, albeit reluctantly.

"Yes, I'm here to see Dr. Cullen."

"What for?" she snarkily asked.

"It's okay Sara, I'm here." the doctor in question said.

I noticed the quick smile on her face and before I could roll my eyes I realized why she did it. The man that walked over to me looked like he belonged on the cover of a GQ magazine or something. Young, blonde, and incredibly pale but lord is this man beautiful, even with the obligatory dark circles that plagues every doctor I've even met. His voice was also incredibly appealing, sort of thick like honey but dulcet to the ears for sure.

"Miss Rossi, it's nice to meet you." he said, holding his hand out.

The coldness was momentarily startling but then I remembered the strong hospital A/C and the few times when I had low hemoglobin and my fingers would get cold. Whatever, it's really none of my business.