Chapter 68

"You going to the party?" she asked me.

"I don't know yet, I don't think so." I said as we walked outside.

"Please?"

"We'll see, I don't think they need another chaperone." I told her.

"Ooh! Let me see her." Rose said as she walked over to us and plucked Ava out of Emmett's arms.

"She looks so pretty." Alice smiled, making funny faces for her.

"My pretty girl." Emmett smiled.

"You comin' to the party?" Jasper asked, leaning in to kiss my cheek.

"I don't think so." I said, losing some of my smile when I saw Carlisle and Jared.

Working with him has been somewhat difficult lately but I've remained professional and kept things cordial. I just ... it boggles my mind the way he just let his son order the family around and did nothing to stop it. Then they return home and he expects everything to be as smooth as it was before. Yeah, no, that's not gonna happen any time soon.

"Please?" Alice asked.

"We'll just have to see." I told them.

"That's understandable." Esme said.

"Think about it please." Alice said and there was something in her voice.

She's worried about something. I thought as Edward got closer.

He kept his eyes on me and he just nodded his head slightly.

Did she see something?

A shake.

But something happened or is going to happen

A nod.

Are we in danger?

Another nod.

Does Bella know?

A nod.

Does Emmett know?

A shake.

Should I go tonight?

Another nod.

Ava?

Another shake, which I appreciate.

I'll think about it

A relieved nod.

I went to dinner with Charlie, Bella, Grandma Morgan, and Ava since Jeremy decided to hang out with Leah. During the meal I did notice that Bella was distracted but I can't ask any questions right now. Now my nerves are starting to wear thin and I need answers. As soon as Grandma Morgan and Charlie got up to go talk to one of the waitresses, I knew I had to take advantage.

"What the hell is happening?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?"

"Bella, don't start lying to me now." I told her.

"I figured it out ... sort of. The vampires that were around us, the ones playing with Alice's visions are the same vampires doing this stuff in Seattle. They're all together and they're after me." she said, shocking me silent. "I think they were in your house just because I've been there so many times, I'm so sorry." she quickly said.

"What?" I asked her.

"Alice thinks I'm right and Edward thinks so too." she added.

"He told me something happened." I muttered.

"When?"

"I could tell just by looking at Alice that something was wrong. He can hear me and he just confirmed my thoughts, I don't think anyone realized that we were having a small conversation. I'll go tonight just to make sure I know what's going on and figure out how the hell to keep my family safe. I mean, it's not like I can really do anything." I sighed.

"Let's just figure this out and we can move forward from there." she added as Charlie and Grandma came back.

Grandma took Ava Rae back home and I drove over with Bella to the party. I was just a little uncomfortable and did my best to avoid Carlisle and Jared for the majority of the night. I know at this point, it's probably petty but I just don't want to deal with them. Before the night was over Alice had a vision that confirmed all of Bella's suspicions and revealed a whole small army coming to Forks ... for Bella. It really is insane the way this girl attracts really negative supernatural attention.

Jake and the boys agreed to work together again with the vampires because this goes far beyond just saving Bella. The amount of deaths is rising and they want to get rid of the vampires causing this. They're all gonna meet up tonight to talk strategy and Bella wants to be there but I don't, so Emmett drove me home.

"Baby ..."

"Emmett, when is this gonna be over?" I asked, trying not to cry as I took my makeup off.

"This weekend." he growled.

"Someone is gonna get hurt." I sighed.

"We've got an advantage over them. Alice said their numbers are going down because they fight amongst themselves. We have a numbers advantage and an alliance that they will never expect." he said, looking at me in the mirror.

"Someone is gonna get hurt, someone always does."

"I won't lie to you and promise that no one is gonna get hurt, I won't do that to you. I will say that we're all gonna come home." he said, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my shoulder.

"I don't wanna go tonight."

"That's fine, I can stay here and ..."

"No, you go and learn. I'll be fine, just come back to me." I told him, turning and wrapping my arms around him.

"Always, I will always come back to you." he said, pressing his lips to mine.

I fell asleep with him next to me and when I woke up, he was there too, smiling at me with Ava laying on his chest.

"You're spoiling her." I complained.

"Dadadadadadada." she said, patting his cheeks.

"The princess has spoken, she wanted dadadadada." he said with the biggest smile ever.