Chapter 20

Addie's P.O.V

"Hi Calum". As soon as the words left my mouth my heart ripped back open. He looked so torn at the sight of Harry's arm draped around me. I would feel the same way if I saw Calum with another girl. Ooh wait.. I already did. I wasn't mad at him anymore. He didn't deserve my anger, but I wasn't just going to take him back. If he even wanted me. 

"Umm can we talk?" His voice barley broke a whisper. I agreed and Calum practically ripped me from Harry's grip. I honestly didn't know what I'd say to him. Would he beg me for forgiveness or tell me he'd moved on? I don't know which I'd prefer. Calum dragged me to the front of the cafe. New York's chill  was evident from the coldness coming off the window. I couldn't help letting a shiver roll down my body.

"Umm here" Calum shrugged off his leather jacket and wrapped it around my body. I thanked him with a small smile before shifting my weight. The tension between us was growing with each passing second. 

"So.. what have you been up to?" I attempted to break the ice, but it just came off awkward. He gave me a smirk at my lame attempt. I really missed his judge mental smirks. I just really missed him.

"You know the usual. Wanting to die because you won't answer my calls. Not a big deal or anything." I could sense the anger in his voice, but he had no right. 

"You know what I've been up to Calum? Crying myself to sleep every night because the guy who claimed to love me decided it would be okay to kiss a girl behind my back." I attempted to walk away, but his grip around my wrist tightened. 

 I pushed him away and stormed to the steps off my backdoor that lead to the beach. I didn't even make it to the next room when Calum grabbed my wrist. He slammed me against the wall and held me there with no chance of leaving. Tears flowed from my eyes, but Calum just ignored them. Our lips found each other and I could feel the anger leaving his body.

I wish I could just kiss Calum and everything would be okay. I missed the days when all we fought about was what channel to watch. Now our fights involved cheating and ignoring each other. Maybe if I just let him go my feelings would diminish. That was bullshit though and I knew it. My feelings for Calum would never disappear. I could stop loving him. One day I probably won't love him anymore, but the feelings would always be there. He was my everything. He brought sunshine and rain. On the worst days, all there was to be found was thunder and lightning. But I could see a rainbow forming between us.

"Addie why can't we just be together if we're so miserable apart?" I guided his lips to mine to shut him up. He was right, I was completely miserable without him. We stood in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the cafe. I loved Calum more that anything and that wouldn't change anytime soon. Our bodies pressed together to form one and I almost forgot there were people in the building with us.

"Umm, Hi Adalynn" There was only one person who regularly called me by my full name. 

"Hi Justin"

Calum's P.O.V

"Hi Justin". I don't know what she ever saw in him. He looked like a preppy little boy with his styled back hair and slight stubble. He did have piercing blue eyes though. That must have been a plus. But his lips were tiny and Addie always talked about how she loved my full lips. Justin and I were complete opposites. Maybe that's why she gravitated towards me and not the other boys. Luke's eyes were almost identical to Luke's, Ashtons's hair held the same dirty blond color and same skin tone and Michael's lips were practically the same shape. Then there was me, no similarities at all.

"What have you been up to?" 

"Well I'm actually engaged now." She didn't even bother to hide the pain from her face. I couldn't help wrapping my arms around her waist. She looked physically hurt.

"Congratulations Justin.  A little young though?" I loved sassy Addie. She could defend herself so easily and it always cracked me up. 

"I'm 20 Addie. So whose this?" His eyes gestured to me. 

"I'm Calum."

"So Calum. What do you do with your life? I'm in Medical School." 

"Um I'm actually in a band." Justin's face twisted in a smirk. I've never wanted to punch someone so bad. 

"Not much income." His eyebrows raised as if it was meant to be a question.

"You're right. The 10 million I made the past 2 years isn't enough for a 18 year old." The expression on his face warmed my insides. I never hated someone in such a short time.

"Well nice seeing you Addie.Never pegged you as a groupie." Before I knew what was happening, my fist connected with his lower jaw.  He stumbled back slightly before squinting his eyes. Justin leaped at me, causing us both to tumble to the ground. My cheek roared in pained as his ring grazed it's surface. I kneed what ever I could find which happened to be his ribs. He cried out in pain before throwing me down again. 2 strong arms caught me before I hit the hard tile of the coffee shop. My eyes met Harry's. A scowl was engraved into his face as he threw me in Addie's direction. 

She caught my stumbling body in her arms. Her arms were barely strong enough to hold my crippling body. Addie ushered me away from Justin who sat on the floor. Her grim around my arm was firm, but she was still careful not to add to my bruises. Judging by the look growing upon her face, she was pissed. Her gaze was cold, her iris' turning a darker shade of blue. They resembeled a sky expecting a storm. The waves in her eyes were gone. We walked a couple blocks to the hotel. The room wasn't too big, just a bed each for Luke and I. The bathroom held a bathtub, shower and double vanity. I wasn't much of a bath guy though. 

"Get in the tub." Addie's voice was harsh and her face was like a stone. The water warmed my aching body. She examined each of my injuries with a delicacy. Her thumb traced over the open wound across my face. The soft touch warmed me more than the warm water ever could. My ribs ached with bruises and my head pounded, but it was all worth it for Addie. She was worth it. 

Addie's P.O.V

He looked so broken. His gaze was soft as I looked at him. Why did he have to fight Justin? Sure, Jusin was being an asshole, but that was no excuse. I could stand up for myself. Justin was always so sweet to me when we were together, but today was different. He was not only cruel to Calum, but me as well. He wasn't the guy I fell in love with.Still, his skin held it's youthful glow and his eyes still shone when he smiled. Yet, his beauty was nothing compared to Calum's. 

"Um Ads, whe should would we do about this?" He pointed towards his bloody face. His knuckles were black in red and I couldn't help grabbing them. I traced their every mark and imperfection. His breath hitched as I kissed the back of his hand. They ran through my hair before pulling me towards him. Our lips met slightly before I pulled away. Confusion filled his face.

"I love you so much." My voice failed me as it cracked under the words. He gave me a look as if to say "kiss me", but I just shook my head. I ignored his plea before taking his hand in my own and pulling him up. His boxers clung tightly to his upper thighs. Most of the blood from Justin's nose was off Calum, revealing the boy I loved. Bruises were already covering his body, but I didn't care. I wanted him and I wanted it now. 

Extra long chapter for all of you! Sorry I've been away and haven't been able to update, but this weekend I'll try to upload 2 or 3 times! And Calum turns 18 in 3 days and I'm not emotionally stable at the thought. Anyways, everyone have a good day and thank you for 500 reads!