Chapter 3

Addie's P.O.V

I awoke with the familiar ring from my iPhone. Rolling over, I groaned at bright lights shinning through my windows. The sun was completely up and it must have been mid day by now. I gazed out my window to take in the views I didn't get to enjoy the night before. I could see the entire coastline. The waves were fairly tall and shops lined the water. Even on a Monday, people were surfing and enjoying the warm weather. I didn't blame them because if I could, I would also be on the beach.  I walked across the room to read the message I had just received.

Get out of bed. I'll be there in 10

-Cal :P

I smiled and pulled on a pair of ripped jean shorts and paired it with a slightly cropped white tank top. It showed an inch or so of my stomach so I tied a black and white flannel around my waist. I never liked to show too much skin, but also enjoyed dressing like a typical teenager. My hair fell down my back in natural waves and I pulled on my black ray bands. A knock on the door came soon and I rushed out knowing it had to be Calum. Before I could even reach the door he walked in smirking at me. He wore black ripped skinny jeans and a Nirvana cutoff. His hair was styled into a quiff and he also wore ray bands. We matched fairly well which I found myself giggling at.  

"We look so bad ass together" He grabbed my arm and pulled me to his his red convertible. It's exterior glowed under the sun and it could only fit a few people in it. My eyebrow raised out of habit and he just laughed. "I'm renting it for the summer".

We stopped at Starbucks along the way before arriving at the music store. It looked quaint from the outside, but stepping in I could tell it was the opposite. The walls were lined with guitars and rock and roll posters. The second story over looked the main floor and had several drum sets lined up. A case under the register held picks in wide variety of colors.  This was my heaven. 

"Like anything?" Cal rested his chin on top of my hair whilst his arms snaked around my waist. There was no way I would be able to choose from one of these guitars. My eyes wandered up and down the wall, not completely sure what I was looking for. Back in New York I had a super lame guitar. It was a tan acoustic and was pretty much the most basic one they provided. Still, it worked perfectly fine and I loved that guitar. It took me a while, but I eventually found my dream guitar. It was black with silver surrounding the soundhole. I couldn't help smiling when I brought it up to the register. I had only been in Sydney 12 hours yet I already begun remaking my life in America.

*The Night Before* Calum's P.O.V

"Did you get the pussy?" I entered the house to Michael screaming on the top of his lungs. I just laughed and shook my head at his stupid comment. He sat perched on the couch with Luke and Ashton. They all were huddled under a blanket with popcorn resting in the middle. Captain America was playing on the television. Luke switched it off quickly, knowing I'd be upset that the watched it without me.

"Can we get pizza?" Ashton raised an eyebrow asking. He was clearing trying to avoid something. Whether it was talking about Addie or avoiding the match over Captain America. What ever it was I was thankful we got off the Addie topic. We all nodded and I headed off to shower. Adalynn consumed my thoughts the entire time.  She had this way of making me laugh without her even trying. The edges of her eyes crinkled when she laughed and she was always so honest. Every time we talked about her childhood her eyes lite up and sparkled. She was the most gorgeous girl I'd ever met.

We all sat on the couch in silence while American Horror Story played from the TV. Evan Peters and Jessica Lange were geniuses. They dove into their characters in a way that was completely unreal. The boys and I gathered every Wednesday Night to watch this show. You could say we were a little obsessed. In this episode Tate was finally confessing his love for Violet. The connection in the show was so blatantly obvious and everyone knew they'd end up together. I wanted something like that, a relationship where it'd obvious to everyone in the room you're mad for each other.

"You should bring that girl here tomorrow" Luke murmured. I blushed at even the thought of her. My thoughts drifted to the most pathetic things. What would she wear tomorrow? Would her hair be down or up? Does she like me?It had to be a couple minutes before I snapped out of the images of us. I wanted to kiss her, not just a passionate kiss, but one that meant a lot to both of us. I wanted Addie to be my Violet.