Chapter 1

Addie's P.O.V

The heat leaving the airport hit me like truck. Coming from New York's snow filled trees and chilly weather, the Australian humidity was terrible. It filled my lungs, the moisture slowing my breathing. I stood holding onto a wall filled with departure times trying desperately to steady myself. The past few months had been hard. Actually not just hard, but more like unbearable. However, I was ready for the fresh start Sydney was sure to provide me. My sister had moved here years ago; about the same age I was now. She met her fiance here and they never wanted to come back to America. They were the dream couple, both sporting dark brown hair and eyes that reflected the ocean's waves. They developed thick Australian accents and even started their own surfing company. I always found this funny seeing as they were both rubbish at surfing. My parents would have been proud of her. She found the man of her dreams and was successful at such a young age.  

My sister always made me jealous. Maybe it was the way her skin stayed clear in the most stressful of times or maybe the fact her hair had a natural curl that every girl envied. The boys always fawned over her long legs and athletic built, which provided the ability to excel in Volleyball and Soccer. She was smart, funny and a heart breaker. We were complete opposites. My hair was a soft blond that made me resemble a valley girl rather than a tough New Yorker. I was short and feminine with slight curves and girls envied me for. I never understood why. My dancing career kept me in shape seeing as I danced in my studio 4 times a week and went to guitar lessons the other days. It would be hard to remake my life in my new home, but I was willing to try. 

I spotted a rusted van in the airport parking lot instantly knowing it was mine. It's gray frame was dented in the front corner and the insides were stained from various spills it has endured throughout the years. It barely started and when it did it rumbled and shook. Frankly it was unsafe to drive. Still, I took my new car along the coast just enjoying my new life. I pulled over to a small burger shack on the beach and basked in the beating sunlight. The heat warmed my skin even though it was nearing 7:30 in the evening. The sun set in a marvelous array of colors, but was over in what seemed like seconds. Defeated, I trudged back to my crumbling car and started it up. It took 5 minutes, but eventually I was back on the road. My apartment was about 10 minutes from the burger shop so I would be home before 8. The radio blasted some annoying pop song by an Australian band with crappy voices. I rounded the corner a little too sharply when headlights clouded my vision. My car whipped around before slamming into the side walk. I was jolted forward it my seat, nearly slamming my head on the dash board. The seat belt stopped me from flying through the windshield. I got out of the car without any injuries.Of course I would get in an accident my first day. 

Calum's P.O.V

Ashton looked as if he were going to blow a fuse. I noticed his hands tightening together. He had a habit of doing this whilst angry.  We all slowly got out of the car to check on the van we had just hit. It was dented slightly in the back, but didn't have too much damage. However, the van looked so old it was on the verge of crumbling. Luke laughed as Ashton kicked our car's tire, groaning the the process. He shook out his ankle to try and relieve some of his pain. He was not going to fun to deal with on our way home. The vans door creaked open as the driver slowly exited. She looked about my age, however I could tell how exhausted she was just by the sight of her. Nike shorts and a black baseball tee hung loosely off her body. Her blond hair was sloppily pulled into a bun and white converse decorated her feet. Scarlet filled her cheeks and tiny droplets of sweat gathered around her hairline. To herself she must have looked  like a wreck, but I had never seen anyone so beautiful. 

"Oh god I'm so sorry" Her hands flew to her head in dispare. Her fingers attempted to comb through her hair, but she quickly stopped to avoid ruining her up-do. Her voice was scratchy and it almost sounded like she smoked, yet I could hear an accent within it. An American by the looks of it. I was speechless, but Ashton on the other hand was fuming. 

"Is it your first time driving!" He screamed on the top of his lungs. It was slightly higher pitched than usual which may have been due to the anger or to the presence of a gorgeous girl. She wasn't fazed by his anger yet instead just chuckled to herself. Her laugh was youthful and brought a smile to my blushed cheeks. 

"In Australia? Yes. It's not my fault you drive on the wrong side of the road" The boys and I  laughed along with her while Ash just sighed. I could tell he was calming down. She smoothed out her shirt in attempt to avoid eye contact with any of us. Many people had this habit and it was very easy to detect when they felt uncomfortable. 

"Let's just go." He trotted back to the car "Is your car starting?". She shook her head and thought for a while. 

"I live up about a mile up that way" She pointed towards the busy part of Sydney "I'll just take my bags and walk home. Could you just call me a tow? My phones been dead for an hour or so" she sighed at the last part. Even from a couple blocks away, I could hear the blasting of music. 

"I'll walk you back. It gets pretty rowdy around this time." I offered. Partially to avoid the rant Ashton was sure to give to us and patially to get to know her. Sweating was building up at the thought I might get to spend 30 minutes walking her home. 

"We can drop your stuff off when we pick up Cal" Luke offered. We got it all set and started our journey for the night. 

Sorry Calums reaction to Addie was really cheesy and dumb lol. But first real fan fiction!!! Wooo! I know this is really uneventful but trust me it will get better don't you worry. I just have to get to know everyone and I've also gone back to rewrite a lot of 1-10 because it kind of sucked and it was really short. I just went back to add details mostly. Have a great day everyone!