Chapter 36

Addie's P.O.V

5 Seconds of Summer singer, Calum Hood, is out seen with singer/song-writer, Halsey. What does his girlfriend think of it?

I closed my laptop, ignoring the headlines like I had been for the past 2 weeks. I mean there was a good chance they were all true, but I wasn't going to blame him like I did last time. That clearly didn't end up well. I checked my phone for any messages from the previous night. All that was on my screen was a DM from Harry and a text from Luke.

From: Lukie Pukie

I ficjung midd yiu

I chuckled at the text, looking at the time. It was sent at 11 my time, so 6 am in LA. It had to be a drunk text.

To: Lukie Pukie

Fun Night? ;) Miss you too brotha

I clicked open the twitter app and attempted to find Harry's DM. After a few minutes of searching I finally located it. It's message was simple yet was enough to make my day flip completely.

1D coming on tour starting in  Sydney. See you soon ;)

I dropped my phone in excitement, almost forgetting I could ring him about this. I fumbled through my contacts until I found his name and shakily clicked it. His voice was at least 10 octaves deeper than usual.

"Shit Haz, I forgot about the time changes. Go back to sleep."

"No love, I'm awake now. What's up?"

"When the hell do you get to Sydney? I just saw your tweet!"

"Erm we get there the 1st I think."

"Aww Hazard I get to see you soon! Now go back to sleep you twat."

"Love you Adalynn."

"Love you too Harold."

*****

I had decided to go to the beach later that day. To start it was nearly 30 degrees and I could hang out at Alexis' shop. It was on the beach below me, but down a couple blocks down. I pulled a pair of flowy, floral shorts and a plain black tank top along with my sandals. My hair was in it's natural waves, but I pulled on a Ranger's hat to tame them slightly.

I was in Lexi's shop 15 minutes later. Sadly, both her and John were too busy to entertain me. I went to the conjoined smoothie shop instead. I scanned through the menu, deciding on a plain Strawberry and Banana Smoothie. This place was weird. You sat down and ordered like a real restaurant and they had waiters and everything. They might've had some food too.

"Welcome to Groovy Smoothie. What can I get you?" I glanced up at the voice. A boy around my age stared back at me. His shaggy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes interested me. His American accent was also as thick as mine.

"Erm-yeah I'll get the strawberry banana."

"Wow two mistakes already." He shot me a wink, writing my order down in the process. I stared at him for awhile trying to distinguish his features. It was clear he was from America, most likely the Midwest. Plus judging by his style, he seemed to have grown up in a city. It was a mix of Detroit meets Chicago. 

"What was the first?"

"Wearing that bloody Ranger's hat." He smirked at me while taking the silverware from my table. He returned a few minutes later with my smoothie and a check.

"Let me guess, Red Wings fan?"

"Ooh god no." He shot me a look of disgust. "Blackhawks all the way."

"Ooo Chicago boy."

"Born and raised." He smiled. "There's a Ranger's vs. Hawks game on tonight you know?"

"I'm very aware. Too bad my blooming TV doesn't get American sports."

"I've got it, care to stop by?"

"I don't even know you."

"Trevor." I extended a hand. "I'm 19, from Chicago, have a sister who lives out here with me and I've got a smoking hot girlfriend back in the states.

"Adalynn." I shook his hand back. "Also 19, from New York, have a sister who own the shop next door and a brother in the states and I've got a smoking hot boyfriend on tour in the states."

"So my place tonight?"

"Yeah, I'd like that."

*****

Trevor's house was absolutely amazing. It was slightly outside of the city so it had a spectacular view of the coastline. It was 3 bedrooms and as soon as I entered a little golden retriever. It couldn't be older than 6 months old and it was adorably precious. We'd decided to order Chinese food for the game to get in the American mood.

Even Trevor's Living Room was amazing. There was a massive lay-z-boy L shaped leather couch with a 60 inch flat screen on the wall. Under the TV was every gaming system imaginable. Michael would love it here. 

We were chowing down on Sweet and Sour Chicken when my phone rang. I didn't want to leave Trevor. We'd gotten along super well and were actually a lot alike. He loved singing much like I had and was majoring in finance at The University of Sydney. I glanced down at the caller ID and saw Calum's name.

"Hey Cal."

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Um, I'm at my friend Trevor's house why?"

"Shit, I sent you a delivery and you need to be there to sign."

"Can't I just get it later?"

"Not really, baby. Can you head home?"

"Yeah, I'll go home now. Love you."

"Love you more."

I walked back into the living room where Trevor waited. He looked up at me, motioning for me to join him again. Pierre was yelling through the TV and the memories of hatred toward him came flooding back.

"I've got to get going. Calum sent me a package that I need to get home to sign for."

"Do you want me to come?"

"No it's fine you stay here. I'll text you later."

I walked out the door to where my van sat. I turned it on quickly, it's engine rumbling heavily. Calum's voice filled my car, him singing a song off his album. The drive back to my place was super short due slightly to my speeding. I just didn't want to have to wait to get my package until tomorrow. Luckily, as I pulled in I could see someone knocking at my door. I ran up the steps to try to get there before they left.

"That's mine I believe." The blonde girl turned around, handing me a small crate. Upon further examination I saw what it really was.

Calum bought me a fucking dog.

Wow worst chapter I've ever written but thank you so much for 1.2K! I honestly thought no one was going to ready this. I love you all so much and I promise the next chapter will be 100x better and more interesting.