➸twenty-eight

It’s been three long, long months. Christmas is in tomorrow, Zayn’s parents are throwing a holiday party this evening, and I haven’t gotten Zayn anything. I know he doesn’t celebrate Christmas, but he’s dropped several hints that he’s gotten me something, so I have to get him something.

The only problem is that I don’t know what to get him. What do you get someone who has everything? I’ve dragged Lia to the store twice, attempting to find something but it was pointless. Lia and I are out shopping, once again, but today I can’t leave empty handed.

“Sky there has to something here that he’d like.”

“I don’t know, I mean you two do spend time together, why don’t you tell me what he likes.” I frowned, getting frustrated.

“I work for him let it go.” She groaned.

“If that was it, then I’d be fine but you guys hang out and that’s not even normal.”

“We hang out because of you.”

“Okay Lia.” I scoffed. The two of them spend more time together than I do with either of them. They claim it’s work related but I’m still a little worried. “I have an idea, why don’t you just give him you for Christmas. It’s not like you guys have had sex.”

“Wow, how about no.” I frowned, taking a step onto the escalator. “Well why don’t you give him money?” She asked.

“He’s rich. He doesn’t need any more money.”

“Well think about things he likes.” She suggested.

“Lia you’re a genius, come on.” I smiled, pulling her away.

-

Zayn’s really into graffiti and stuff so I bought him a lot of cans of spray paint, an airbrush kit, a book, urban vinyls, and face masks. Total, his stuff cost over one thousand dollars, but I don’t mind. A four pack of cans cost over four hundred so I got him two packs, and everything else wasn’t fairly cheap.

Lia and I walked into the house, with the bags in our hand and hurried to the room. He wasn’t in there so I assume he’s in his office. I decided we should put them in Waliyha’s closet since she’s no longer here, and he won’t think to look there.

I closed the door softly and jumped when I saw him standing there. “Why would you do that?” I shrieked, taking a deep breath.

“Hello to you too. Why were you in there?”

“I was looking for something.” I lied.

“What?”

“Stop being nosy.” I whined, reaching out to hug him. He wrapped his arms around me, and turned so he was closer to the door. He squeezed my sides and I squirmed away. He chose that moment to open the door to his sister’s room.

“No don’t go in there.” I yelled.

“What’s in there?”

“Skylar why don’t you show Zayn what I got you today.” Lia blurted out, closing the door, and shoving him towards me. “I’d rather know what’s in Waliyha’s room.” He frowned. I grabbed his hand and held onto it in case he tried to open the door again

“Trust me, you’ll like this. It’s on your bed.” Lia winked. I scrunched my fade up in confusion and walked into the room. When I spotted the pink Victoria’s Secret bag I nearly passed out. I brought my hands up to cover Zayn’s eyes but I knew he saw it.

He moved my hands and I wanted to disappear. She stood in the doorway, smiling and I frowned, slamming the door in her face. “You two have fun.” She chuckled. He grabbed the bag and turned to face me, a huge smirk making its way onto his lips.