➸thirty-one

“But he wasn’t upset, I don’t see why you’re so mad.” Lia repeated for the third time.

“I’m mad because you talked to my boyfriend about our sex life.” I whisper-yelled, taking a seat on the counter.

“It wasn’t even like that, I was letting him know that if he left you because of that, I’d murder him.”

“Sure.” I rolled my eyes, taking a sip from my coffee.

“How’d you guys even get on that topic?” She asked, checking the time on her phone.

“I don’t remember.” I lied, biting my lip.

“Oh my god. You guys had sex.” She gasped, smiling widely.

“No we didn’t.” I smiled, looking away.

“Am I interrupting something?” Zayn smirked, walking into the kitchen. “Yes.” Lia and I said in unison. He chuckled and walked over to me, standing between my legs and kissing my cheek. “I miss the days where you didn’t touch her in public.” Lia groaned loudly.

“This is my house.” He snickered. “Lucky for you I have to go anyways, we’ll talk soon Sky.” Lia chuckled, walking out of the room.

“How much did you hear?” I asked, looking him right in the eyes.

“None of it.” He said, biting back a smile.

“Zayn!” I whined.

“That’s exactly how I felt when I saw you sitting on the counter, now off.” He whined, mimicking me. I scoffed and pushed him away, jumping down and running towards the room.

--

I sat at my desk, hoping that Ashton wouldn’t call me into his office again. He’s been yelling all day and I’m not quite sure why. I typed quickly, counting down the seconds until I could just go home.

“Skylar!”

I stood abruptly, making my way into his office. “Yes?”

“What the hell is this?” He asked, shoving a bunch of papers in my face. I took a step back, trying to get a good look at them. “Is this a trick question?”

“Now’s not the time to act stupid.” He snarled. I flipped through the pages of his schedule, still not seeing the problem. “You overbooked me. I have 7 business meetings all at 3:30. How am I supposed to do that?” He asked rhetorically.

“I probably mixed it up, I’ll just go fix it.” I shrugged. “Oh you’ll go fix it?” He mimicked me. I frowned, glaring at him. “You can’t fix it. I’ve already gotten confirmation emails.”